Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Ocean Called...for HSS#269

 
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
 
The Ocean Called...I answered!
 
Pretty soon the Season will be over...
 
I need a Lobster/Clambake BAD!
 
I'm going up North for Labor Day
Sister's Weekend...going to have to go to
Anthony's Seafood to get one!
 
Today's Card is for an Inspiration Photo
from
Hand Stamped Sentiments #269
 
 
Here is the Inspiration!
 
 
 
 
Can you here it?
Pick up a 'shell phone' and listen...the
ocean calling!
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 

 
I wanted a 'cabana' feel to my Card!
I love this striped DSP!
Also the scalloped punched 'starfish'
border at the top brings an 'awning' like
feeling!
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 
 

 
I brought in a little of the strips for color
inside the Card!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped envelope!
 

 
I stamped all the critters on the front and
fussy-cut them all out and adhered to the
front with Fine Tip Glue Pen!
 
 
 
 
Here is the list of items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cardstock:
Very Vanilla Thick-card base
 
DSP:
By The Shore-retired, front and inside strips
 
Stamp Sets:
By The Seashore-retired, crab, starfish, sand dollar
By The Tide-retired, Lobster, seahorse
 
My Sentiments Exactly-By The Sea-greeting, inside sentiment
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
Calypso Coral-Lobster
Cajun Craze-seahorse
Island Indigo-crab
Tranquil Tide-starfish
Soft Sky-sand dollar
Dapper Denim-greeting, inside sentiment
 
Tools:
Fiskars-Scalloped Edge Punch
 
Fine Tip Glue Pen-to adhere all critters to card front
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 


 
 
 
The weather at the beginning of the week here
was cooler than average...although it felt great...it
was a sign of cooler weather to come...but...it has warmed
right back up to seasonal warmth here again!
We have to deal with a daily Rain Shower, but
that is totally doable!

 
Ah! Summer isn't over yet!
Mr. Hubster's Friend, Mr. Jim, will be leaving on Tuesday.
It has been good he is here!
I have a walking partner!
(Let's just say...he got me out of my slump of
not walking! Mr. Hubster doesn't walk!)
Will miss that company when he leaves.
But, I do get a lot of thinking, planning, and ideas
while I am walling!

My Grand-Girls will be arriving Thursday!
We are so excited to see them too!
I will see who wants to walk with Gramma!
They call me Amma!
Mr. Hubster is Ampa!
I go early in the am...they like to sleep...We'll see if they get up!
Hey, whatever they want to do...it's ok with me!
We will be doing a lot of boating while they are here!
We will do some shopping and beach trips too!
Hopefully I will have time for the Craft Room!
If not...it is what it is!
I am going to enjoy my Girls!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Beach visits for you ALL!

4 comments:

Genevieve Valdes said...

Your card does have a cabana feel. The lovely colors and critters make me want to go the beach, NOW! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh wow I just love your clambake card. Your choice of background paper is perfect for the theme. Thanks for adding your fabulous card to Hand Stamped Sentiments inspiration challenge. Smiles, Elizabeth

inkedx2 said...

These images and the paper are so fun! They are perfect together. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

Robbie

Jenny Engelke said...

What a smart idea to use the striped paper to mimic a cabana! You definitely nailed the inspiration! Thanks for playing with us at HSS!