Sunday, July 30, 2017

Birthday Blooms for JAI 370

 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome Back!
 
A little late Posting Today!
 
I fell behind while work was being done on our
Bathrooms...it is done and how nice it is!
 
We both can walk into the showers safely
and no worries of stepping up, over, in, or out!
The thresholds are low and also with straight walls,
we gained many inches! We do have the elbow room!
Thanks for your patience!
 
On to Today's Card!
 
Today's Card is for a Sketch Challenge!
 
Just Add Ink #370
JAI 370
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
As soon as I saw this Sketch I thought of
the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set!
 
 
Here is my Card!
 

 
 
Love this Stamp Set!
First stamped onto Whisper White card stock.
I stamped in VersaMark,
I then heat embossed with Stampin' Emboss Powder
in Basic Black.
I then colored in the flowers and leaves and stamens
with the  Stampin' Write Markers:
Daffodil Delight-stamens
Cajun Craze-base of petals
Calypso Coral-petals
Garden Green-large leaves
Old Olive-small leaves
Basic Black-to outline
the whole flower and leaves
 after fussy-cutting
(this helps to cover up any white edges that will
stand out if not covered).
 
 
 
Here is a closer look!
 

 
There was a glare on the first picture on the
greeting banner...This is a little better!
The Card base is Old Olive.
 
Gold Foil Paper is used for the circle
and the greeting banner!
I stamped in VersaMark onto the
greeting banner and also heat embossed
in Stampin' Emboss Powder Basic Black!
The mat for the banner is Calypso Coral
 Seam Binding Ribbon (retired).
The Greeting Banner was popped up with
 the Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
Also used as a mat, a scalloped circle in
Calypso Coral card stock.
I also stamped the dew spots in VersaMark,
 sporadically over the front of the Card!
 I used some leftover Gold Sequins from
a Paper Pumpkin Project!
I adhered the flower to the card front with
Mini Glue Dots!
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
Kept the inside simple
and plenty of space
for a personal note!
To add color...I used the Calypso Coral
 card stock as a mat!
I stamped the sentiment with
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 
 

 
The smaller flower is also part of
 the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set!
I colored the flower, stem and leaves in
with Old Olive and Calypso Coral
Stampin' Write Markers!
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cardstock:
Old Olive-card base
Calypso Coral-scallop circle, inside mat
Whisper White-to stamp on and cut flower out, inside panel
Gold Foil Paper-circle, greeting banner
 
Stamp Sets:
Birthday Blooms-flower on card front, flower on envelope
Floral Phrases-inside sentiment
Sunshine Sayings-greeting
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting machine
Layering Circles Framelits-scallop circle
Stitched Shapes Framelits-'gold' circle
Triple Banner Punch-to flag ends of banner
 
Accessories:
Calypso Coral Seam Binding Ribbon-under flagged banner
Gold Sequins-left over from a Paper Pumpkin Project
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
I really like stamping, then heat embossing,
coloring, and fussy cutting, and edging this flower!
It is large enough, not to be tedious...had to use my
Xacto Knife to get a few spots inside around the buds!
Once done, the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
around all the edges, blended into the embossing...all
edges are now clean...no white spots!
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings to you ALL!
 

3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully bold and vibrant Cheryl! The Olive cardbase sets you focal flowers off perfectly. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Jo Stubbings said...

This stamp set is one of my all-time faves! I love the bold colour of the flower and the gold elements really add some gorgeous bling to it. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

inkeverywhere said...

Such a beautiful big bold bloom. I really like your little dots on the background - very sweet. Chantell Just Add Ink