Monday, July 10, 2017

Thoughts of You for AYSI#153

 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome back for a peek at another Challenge!
 
 
This is also a 'Sketch Challenge'!
 
I flipped the sketch on it's side for my Card!
 
The Challenge is
As You See It #153
 
 
 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
 
The Challenger said it reminds her of 'Arsenic and Old Lace'!
I went with that theme!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 
 
You can see that my Card is 90* turned to the left!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is a 'close-up' of the butterfly!
 

 
I used Copper Foil Sheet for the butterfly!
I also used the Copper Trim, secured in the middle
with Linen Thread for antennae and then the
Copper Trim pulled to make them like 'wings' too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!



 
I used the retired, SAB, Delicate Details stamp for the Lace!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
 
 
Here is the list of items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
 
Cardstock:
Whisper White Thick-card base
Copper Foil Sheet-butterfly
 
Stamp Sets:
Post Script-background stamp on front
Delicate Details-retired SAB, all lace
Thoughtful Branches-greeting, inside sentiment
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
Crumb Cake-background stamp
Soft Suede-Lace on front, inside lace, envelope lace
Early Espresso-greeting, inside sentiment
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting machine
Butterflies Thinlits-butterfly on card front
 
Accessories:
Copper Trim-across the front lace, cinched and pulled for
butterfly on card front
Linen Thread-to cinch the Copper Trim on butterfly
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
This looks 'vintage'!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Thoughts for you ALL!


 


5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Oh this is superb! LOVE what you have done with the copper trim ribbon to add a layer to the butterfly. Pairing it with the ever wonderful Delicate Details looks great. The background stamp looks sensational. Love it! Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

Cheryl, this card is drop-dead gorgeous! I love all the copper details you've used and that background stamp works so well. It almost looks like it's stamped in a copper tone as well. I was surprised to find out that it was Crumb Cake! You've really created an amazing interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at As You See It Challenges!

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful! You had me at that wonderful background! The copper is just gorgeous!

Amy Jasper said...

With the colours and the beautiful collage background, this is vintage, for sure! The sketch looks great turned on it's side this way, too. Thanks for playing along with us at the As you See It Challenge blog!

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable! I am so glad you played along with the
As you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*