Sunday, July 23, 2017

Shells From The Beach!

 
 
 
Hello Friends!

 
 
I had originally made this card for another
Challenge, but decided to do a different one for the Challenge!
 
 
 
So Today's Card is a totally different take for
the same layout!
 
 
 
Here was the Challenge...you saw this one on July 15th!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 
I must have stamped and cut out 25 different starfish and
shells before settling on these!
 Sometimes, what is in your head doesn't translate
onto paper like you thought!
 
 
 
Here is a close-up of the front!
 
 
I wanted to show the waves in the sand!
I see this a lot when I go to the beach!
 
 
 
This is the Card I actually used for the Challenge!
 
 
You remember now?
 
 
 
 
Back to Today's Card!
This is the inside of my Card!
 

 
This was one of many stamp sets I used too!
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I like this card...but, after I was finished...it didn't
feel like what I was going for...into the stash it goes!
Well, they all go to the stash!
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
 
Cardstock:
Whisper White-card base and for stamping all starfish and shells
onto and the fussy-cutting out
Sahara Sand-bottom mat on card front
Crumb Cake-top mat on card front
 
Wood Textures DSP Stack-front strip and inside strip
 
Stamp Sets:
By The Seashore-retired, starfish and shells
Picture Perfect-retired, inside sentiment, inside starfish
So Many Shells-greeting, envelope shell, inside shell
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
Soft Suede-greeting, inside sentiment
Crumb Cake-large inside starfish, envelope shell
Pool Party-shell on front bottom
Soft Sky-shell on front top left
Powder Pink-shell on bottom right
Pumpkin Pie-small starfish on front of card
Lemon Lime Twist-shell on inside of card
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting/embossing machine
Ruffled TIEF-waves on front of card
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
Although it is a beach with shells...it wasn't 'Beachy'
enough for the Challenge...at least that is what I thought!
Believe me...many shells were stamped and cut out!
Either the color wasn't right or the size wasn't right...but,
I will still use this Card! I just wanted to show that we all
will make a card and it just doesn't live up to what
the vision we had in our heads...but
that's ok...this is good to do...also we are our
worst critics too! My BFF loved the Card!
 
 
Here is Today's 'C' Note!
It is the same as what I originally posted the
day of the original Challenge!
 
 
My feeling about this hasn't changed!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Footprints in the sand for you ALL!
 


No comments: