Monday, July 31, 2017

HELLO! A Triple Play!!!

 
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Today's Card is for a combination of
3 Challenges!
Wowsers! I usually can combine 2 and
every once in awhile the stars align and
You can get a combination of several!
 
 
The 3 Challenges are:
 
 
1.
Just Us Girls
JUGS #404
Use something old and/or something new
 
Here is that Challenge!
 
 for my Old, I used retired DSP
For my New, Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon!
 
 
 
2.
CAS(E) This Sketch #232
a Sketch Challenge!
 
 
 
I flipped this sketch over 180*
(it matches the Fusion Sketch!)
 
 
 
3.
Fusion
Use the inspiration photo or sketch or Both!
Theme-It's all about the embellishments!
I did use BOTH!

The combination of the sketch and inspiration photo!
I also used the Die-cut "hello" as my embellishment
with the Black Shimmer Ribbon!
After all, it IS about the embellishments!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 

 
I love this ribbon!
I see many uses for this ribbon come fall too! 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!

 
I brought together 2 of the sentiments
from the Colorful Seasons stamp set
with an ampersand from the 
Thoughtful Banners stamp set! 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I used the retired DSP for my 'something old' for JUGS
I really like how the patterns are the same, but
different in color!  
 
 
 
 
Here is a close-up of the die-cut
'hello' you can see I layered it
with a black die-cut 'hello'!
I cut both out for this purpose...
Glued together, but offset to mimic shadowing!


 
This also shows how the patterns of the DSP
are similar in design! Love it!
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
 
Cardstock:
Basic Black-card base, shadow 'hello'
Very Vanilla-inside panel
Gold Foil Paper-for the gold 'hello'
 
DSP:
Moroccan-front of card, 2 pieces layered, top piece cut on
the diagonal
 
Stamp Sets:
Colorful Seasons-inside sentiment, envelope stamping
Thoughtful Banners-ampersand for the inside sentiment
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting machine
Hello You Thinlits-greeting
 
Accessories:
Black Shimmer Ribbon-diagonal across card, under greeting
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!

 
This was a fun layout!
I am going to be using this again and again!
It is a great way to show off pretty DSP with
similar patterns OR you can contrast the patterns!
Also solid or stamped card stock would work!
 
 
 
 
Thank you for Peeking in for Today's Card!
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Smiles to you ALL!
 


4 comments:

Bobby said...

I too love how the papers are the same but different, Cheryl, and they look beautiful divided by your sparkly ribbon. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Claire said...

I love how you've carried the dp into the inside of the card - I'm always way too lazy to do the inside as well lol. The gold sentiment really pops against the black! Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the all three challenges!

Becca Cruger said...

Clean and chic! I love all the different tones in your designer paper. Super classy design! Thanks for playing along at Fusion!