Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Time to Make Jam for SSC#155

 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Welcome Back for a peek at today's Card!
 
This Card is from an inspiration picture!
 
 
The picture has raspberries...but, I just bought
the last of the Strawberries from my local
farm stand...I made some Strawberry Jam!
4 Quarts! When I was up North, I used to make
12 Quarts...then give them to my neighbors at
Christmas...I also made Blueberry Jam too!
 
Don't really have the kids, grand-kids, or real close
neighbors here yet...so I didn't have to make so much!
Those 4 Quarts will last me and Mr. Hubster till next year!
 
Over the weekend, there was a Blueberry Festival in town!
Yup! Going to make 4 Quarts of Blueberry Jam!
 
So with all this Canning in mind...and when I saw this
Challenge...it was a no-brainer!
 
 
 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
I don't know when the Raspberries come in, I may have missed
them or they aren't here yet...I will have to ask around!
So, I went with the Strawberries!
 
The colors, I named them from top to bottom:
Sahara Sand
So Saffron (didn't use)
Pear Pizzazz
Flirty Flamingo
Real Red
Rose Red
 
I matched them as best I could with what I have on hand!
Also the other was to choose and use a minimum
of 3 of the colors...I used all but one!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 

 
I stamped the Strawberries in 3 different colors!
Rose Red-Real Red-Flirty Flamingo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 
 

 
I purposely left it blank...I usually give a card to the grower of
the Strawberries, Blueberries, and (to come) Tomatoes!
I will have to make a Blueberry one!
The Tomato, I have till next month!
I am also taking a try at Peaches this year too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 
 

 
I will put the name of the farm(er) on the front of the envelope too!
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cardstock:
Sahara Sand-card base, crate, lid
Old Olive-mat under DSP, shave-cut for curling
around the strawberries in the crate
Pool Party-Jar
Cardstock Vellum-jar overlay
 
DSP:
Farm Stand-retired, card front gingham panel
 
 
Stamp Sets:
Tart & Tangy-retired, strawberries
Jar of Love-greeting, jar, and lid
 
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pad:
Rose Red-greeting
Sahara Sand-sponging on the crate (to bring out grain)
Soft Suede-to stamp lid
 
Stampin' Write Markers:
Pear Pizzazz- all the strawberry tops
Rose Red-one strawberry bottom
Flirty Flamingo-one strawberry bottom
Real Red-two strawberry bottoms
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting and embossing machine
Flourish Thinlits-to cut out all leaves
Everyday Jars Framelits-jar and lid
Wood Crate Framelits-to cut out crate
Pinewood Planks Dynamic TIEF-wood grain on crate
 
Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder-jar
Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder-greeting
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
I like canning the berries for, year round yum!
I am going to try my hand at peaches this year!
They are coming out soon too!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Canning Fun to you ALL!
 

 


1 comment:

stampwithamyk said...

That is fantastic! I love your little crate filled with berries and the jar adds the perfect backdrop. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!