Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thinking Of You for CC&S228 and TSOT326

 
 
Hello Everyone!

 
Thank You for peeking in for Today's Card!


 
Today's Card is for a Combination of
2 Challenges...
One is a Sketch Challenge
and One is a Color Challenge!
 


 
Here are those 2 Challenges!
 

 

The Color Challenge!
 
 
 
 
 
I REALLY liked this Combo!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Sketch Challenge!
 
 
 
 
Doesn't this sketch look like it has 2 of the colors!
When I saw this sketch on my table I saw the Copper AND Peach!
The Blue was a stretch...I had wanted to use a Brown shade!
I think I will make another card with the brown!
We shall see!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 

 
The Copper made this Card look so 'Rich'!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is it's 'Up Close and Personal' shot!
 

 
I wanted to show you the 2 different colored butterfly wings
under the 'Copper Butterfly'!
I die cut the peach and blue butterflies and then cut them in half!
I went for the peach on blue and blue on peach contrast!
Guess where the other halves are? Yup!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
Did you guess where the other half of those wings went?
I also heat-embossed the sentiment in Copper too!
Carrying the colors to the inside!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I didn't catch the 3 dots till way after the card was
'roughly pieced together' (before the glue down!)
So I used my 1/4" hole punch to make my own!
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cardstock:
Peek-A-Boo Peach-base, half butterfly's front and inside
Dapper Denim-front panel, half butterfly's front and inside
Copper Foil Paper-banner, butterfly, edging on card front
 
Stamp Sets:
Peaceful Petals-retired, greeting
Bloom With Hope-retired, inside sentiment
Papillion Potpourri-retired, butterfly on envelope
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting and embossing machine
Butterflies Thinlits-Butterflies
Layered Leaves Dynamic TIEF-banner leaves embossing
Triple Banner Punch-flagged copper banner
1/4" Circle Punch-retired, 3 dots on right upper corner
 
Accessories:
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder-all heat embossing
Heat Tool-to heat emboss greeting, inside sentiment, and
butterfly on envelope
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
I am pleased with my card! I believe the recipient will be too!
 
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Thoughts of you ALL!

 
 


6 comments:

karen h said...

Wonderful card. Love the copper butterfly! Great job on the inside as well! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Jane said...

The colours look so bold and striking on your card and the copper butterfly is so dramatic! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

samantha's cards said...

Wonderful card, I love that you embellished the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Patricia Hays said...

I really like how you've layered the butterfly! The gleaming copper is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your card at CC&S!

Cathy P. said...

Great use of this week's colors. I especially love your inside!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Hugs, Cathy

Beverley said...

Loving the layered copper butterfly. FAB combo of challenges and use of the colours. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x