Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Christmas Combo for MM#251 and CCT#12

 
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
 
Thanks for stopping in for another peek
at another Card!
 
 
This Card is a Combination of
2 Christmas Challenges!
This has never happened since I have
been doing these Christmas Challenges!
 
 
Today's Card is for
 
 
Christmas Card Throwdown #12
 
and
 
Merry Monday #251
 
 
 
Here are the Challenges!
 
 
 
 
Christmas Card Throwdown #12
 
 
 
A stash Challenge to use Gems/Pearls/Sequins
I used Gems AND Sequins!
 
 
 
AND
 
 
 
For Merry Monday #251
 
 
 

 
Create a Monochromatic Blue Christmas Card!
I used Night of Navy with Silver snowflakes!
I likes the color of the  ornaments and
snowflakes on the Challenge picture!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 

 
I 'heat embossed' all the snowflakes and the Greeting on the
front of my Card! I used 'Jewels Basic Rhinestones' for the
center of each snowflake. I had some leftovers of 'opaque' sequins
mixed with those silver stars.
 
 
 
 
 
I used Silver Glimmer Paper for the
mat for the Card front!
 

 
I cut the Silver Glimmer Paper 4" x 5 1/4"...I then put it back into the
Stampin' Trimmer and came in 1/2" towards the inside on all four sides,
and cut out the middle...then I adhered with tape runner to card front.
I placed 5 Stampin' Dimensional inside the 'cut out part'. This is a good
way to adhere the front of the card to the card base...the Glimmer Paper
is hard to glue things down on it...I discovered this way of doing my cards
by accident...I was using a leftover frame one day and had an 'aha' moment!
This is how I do my Cards when working with Glimmer/Glitter Paper!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
When I get my 12" x 12" DSP...I cut it down to 4" x 6"
When I use DSP for the front it is trimmed to 4" x 5 1/4"
The little piece I cut off...I use on the inside!
This piece, I cut in half again, to get a top and bottom border!
I love to carry the theme to the inside.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped and embossed
matching envelope!
 
 

 
I used the same snowflakes on the envelope that I used on the Card!
So Pretty!
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
 
Cardstock:
'Night of Navy'-base and front panel
'Silver Glimmer Paper'-front mat, inside strips
'Whisper White'-inside panel
 
Stamp Sets:
'Endless Wishes'-snowflakes
'Star of Light'-greeting, inside sentiment
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pad:
'Night of Navy'-inside sentiment
 
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
My mix of:
'Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder', mixed with
'Stampin' Iridescent Powder'
For all snowflakes and the greeting
I used this mix for all 'heat embossing'
 
Accessories:
'Jewels Basic Rhinestones'-snowflake centers on card
'Iridescent Sequins' from my stash
'Silver Star Sequins' from my stash
 
'Stampin' Dimensionals'- to pop up card front panel
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
This is just stunning in person!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Sparkles to you ALL!

 



6 comments:

Lucinda said...

A gorgeous sparkly card, such pretty snowflakes. That's a great tip for using glitter type card - easier to stick and frugal as well. I'm impressed with your insert and envelope - I made an intention to make inserts and envelopes for cards as I went along this year, but have been more miss than hit in doing it. Thank you for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

Linda said...

This is so pretty and elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday

AlisonC said...

The silver on the blue is a classic colour combo and so pretty. Your card is beautifully sparkly but simple too. Great idea for adhering to the glitter paper too. Again simple!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the blue and silver together. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Andreja L. said...

Beautiful card you made :-))
Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown. Hugs, Andreja

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like this! The snowflakes are so sparkly and I think the sequins look gorgeous. Great combination of challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with our stash challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.