Friday, May 5, 2017

Hope's Lighthouse!

 
 
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
 
Today's Card was for a
'technique' challenge
that failed!
 
 
So I took my lemons and made lemonade!
 
 
 
The Technique is called
'Salted Background'!
 
 
This was the Challenge!
 
 
First off the bat...I didn't have 'glossy' paper!
I tried it with regular 'watercolor' paper...needless
to say it did not turn out!
Second, when I 'watercolored' it was real light...so
I think the 'salt' wouldn't show at all!
Third, I used coarse 'Himalayan Pink Salt'...
I really think this would have worked well if the
first two were right!
 
 
 
 
 
Here's my Card!
 
 
You can't see it well, but the sky is real pale 'Soft Sky'!
The 'pink' salt showed a bit...an effect I could live with
'sky blue pink' and all!
But alas, it wasn't real noticeable!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
I left the inside plain, with plenty of space to write an
encouraging note to someone who needs to be told that
they are cared for by someone greater than we...
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I carried the birds to the envelope!
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
(Except the water and salt!!!!)
 
 
Cardstock:
'Very Vanilla Thick'-card base
'Watercolor Paper'-front panel
 
'Regals Collections DSP:
'Night of Navy'
 
Stamp Sets:
'High Tide'-all stamping
'Timeless Textures'-stamped over the sand to make it
look like sand grasses, non-tufted
 
Stazon Black Ink-birds, greeting/inside sentiment
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
'Real Red'-lighthouse
'Crumb Cake'-lighthouse
'Pacific Point'-water
'Sahara Sand'-sand, stamped over the watercoloring
'Old Olive'-'grass'
'Soft Sky'-watercolored sky
'Sahara Sand'-watercolored ground
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 
 
 
I will have to order some of this 'glossy paper'
and try this technique again!
 
I decided not to submit this to the Challenge.
Sometimes we seasoned stampers mess up!
It's all good! This is how we learn too!
 
So I will continue to do many different Challenges...
some are going to make it, some are not!
 
 
Getting so excited now! My Trip up North for 2 weeks
begins next Wednesday! I am yearning for the hugs from
my Grand-Daughters!!!! Nothing beats that feeling!
I am putting together 50 'Thank You' Notecards for my
Niece Megan. A Hawaiian theme!
Hopefully I will remember to take a picture...alas,
I did up 48 for my other Niece, Crystal and I forgot to
take a picture before I sealed up the box to mail them
all back to her...So, I can't share those with you...but, I am
pleased with the results...I hope she like them!
 
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and 'Hope' to you ALL!
 
 


No comments: