Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Flourishing Phrases Sympathy Card!

 
Hello Everyone!
 
Today's Card is a CASE (Copy And Share Everything)
from a fellow Demonstrator I follow...her name is
Connie Stewart from SimplySimpleStamping.com
 
Connie is the 'Pioneer' of  'Flash Cards'
and 'Flash Cards 2.0'.
You can also go to YouTube and look her up
and watch the videos on the Flash Card Series!
 
 
When you CASE a card...you have 'artistic license'
to change it up to make it yours!
 
I changed it up by matting the front flap and
I am using the retired, '1/2" Seam Binding' in
'Daffodil Delight'! I also completed the inside
with a 'Whisper White' panel!
 

 
Here is Connie's Card!
 
 

So Pretty!



 
Here is my CASE of Connie's Card! 
  
 
 
 
I used 'Daffodil Delight' in place of 'So Saffron',
I also used 'Daffodil Delight' Ribbon, and I used
a 'Daffodil Delight' mat for the front panel!
I also used 'Whisper White' instead of
'Very Vanilla'.
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
Last Year my Resolution was to finish my Cards by
also doing up the insides! This year I added to that
Resolution...to match the envelopes!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 
 

 
When I address the matching envelopes!
It just seems so special for the recipient of my Card!
I believe it tells them that I thought of them by making the Card...but
also that I went the extra and 'finished' with the envelope!
 
 
 
Here are the items I used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cut all your pieces out first...then do your stamping...then assemble your Card.
 
Cardstock:
'Soft Sky'-card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored @ 41/4" and folded on the score...also scored 1" from the front end and folded back,
'Daffodil Delight'-liner for side...2 1/8" x 5 1/2" put back in cutter and cut 1"...you will have two pieces. Adhere the 1 1/8" piece to the inside, right side of the card, right to the edge!
The second Piece...adhere to back of the folded back flap...let it stick out about and 1/8", then adhere the flap down.
For the mat...it is 2 3/8" x 4 1/8" (behind the front panel)
'Whisper White'-front panel is 2 1/2" x 4". The inside panel is
2 3/4" x 5 1/4"
 
Stamp Sets:
'Timeless Textures'-all the 'splotches'
Stamp all your splotches onto your card.
 
The 'stamp-off' OR '2nd Generation' technique was used.
Ink your stamp, on a scratch paper, stamp, then stamp onto the
card, without re-inking, repeat till card is how you like it.
It makes for a light background to highlight your focal point!
 
'Flourishing Phrases'-greeting/inside sentiment
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
'Soft Sky'-all the 'splotches'
'Tip Top Taupe'-greeting/inside sentiment/flowers
 
'Watercolor Pencils'-to color in the flowers
'Blender Pen'- to blend the colors
 
1/2" Seam Binding-'Daffodil Delight'
 
After stamping...I adhered the yellows to the card base.
Then the front panel to the yellow mat, and then the mat to the
card. (Only put tape on the back of that panel that will touch the
card front. Don't want to glue it shut!!!)
 
This Card is much easier than I tried to explain. Go to Connie's
Blog...SimplySimpleStamping.com and go to May 5th post and watch her video on making this Card!
 
I may be making a few more of these! I do like the layout!
 
Give it a try! Till the next Posting...Blessings to you ALL!


No comments: