Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Ombre' Stenciled Sympathy for JUGS #384

 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Thank you for stopping by and peeking in!
 
Today's card is a 'Technique' Challenge!
 
Just Us Girls (JUGS) #384
 Challenge is to 'Use a Stencil'!
 
It's funny, I have many of Stampin'Up! Stencils
but I really don't run to them, yet when I do, I ask
myself..."Why not more often?"
 
 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 

 
I made it sympathy for the stash...I am going to get several
cards together for a give-away soon! Assorted Cards!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
I used the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen to color
these two Butterfly's! I made them Ombre'
to match the front of the Card!
 
 
 
Here is a close-up of the 'stenciling' and a peek
at the 'blinged up' Butterfly!



 
If you look real close...can you see the dots?
I used a card leftover from one of the
'Paper Pumpkin Kits'...I gave it a quick sponging with 'Very Vanilla'
and then laid the stencil over the card front, taped it down to
my work surface, and then used 3 colors from top to bottom
for the Ombre' look!
 
 
 
 
Here are the Stock and Measures:
 
Stampin'Up! Cardstock:
'Whisper White'- card base (leftover Swiss Dot card from a Paper Pumpkin Kit)
                          -for die-cut greeting banner
'Basic Black'- mat for die-cut greeting banner
                     - die cut butterfly 
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pad:
'Daffodil Delight'- first/top of the Ombre' coloring
'Pumpkin Pie'- second/middle Ombre' coloring
'Tangerine Tango'- third/bottom Ombre' coloring
'Archival Stampin' Pad'-Basic Black-greeting and sentiment
 
Stampin'Up! Stamp Sets:
'Flourishing Phrases'-greeting and sentiment
'Papillion Potpourri'- inside butterflies
 
'Seasonal Decorative Masks' for the Stenciling
 
'Tags and Labels' Framelits-greeting and mat for greeting
'Butterflies Thinlits'- large Butterfly
'Stamping Sponges'- to sponge the Ombre' colors onto the Card
'Watercolor Pencils'- color inside butterflies
'Blender Pens'- to blend 'Watercolor Pencils'
'Stampin Dimensionals'- to pop up the greeting
'Mini Glue Dots'- to adhere large butterfly to card front
'Rhinestone Basic Jewels'- 7 along the large Butterfly body
 
 
I am going to have to break out the stencils more!
I really like the look!
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings to you ALL!
 

 
 
 


1 comment:

Maria Levine said...

Sympathy cards are always so hard and this is perfect. Great job with the stencil! Thanks so much for playing along with us!