Monday, March 27, 2017

Awesomely Artistic for JAI#352

 
 
Hello!
Good Day!
 
 Thank you for peeking in Today!
 
 
Today's Card is for a 'color' Challenge!
 
Just Add Ink #352
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 

 
I did 'watercoloring'! My first try!
I think I like this technique!
Will have to do this again!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
I love this font!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I watercolored the envelope too!
Then I stamped over the watercoloring!
A trick I learned...the 'watercolor paper' 
tends to warp when drying
 I used the heat gun to dry it...it seemed to straighten the paper out!
 
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cardstock:
'Smoky Slate'-card base
'Tempting Turquoise'-front mat
'Flirty Flamingo'-inside mat
'Whisper White'-inside panel
'Watercolor Paper'-front panel
 
Stamp Sets:
'Awesomely Artistic'-card front
'Suite Sentiments'-inside sentiment
'Swan Lake'-little dragonfly's
 
Classic Stampin' Ink:
'Flirty Flamingo'-watercolor
'Tempting Turquoise'-watercolor
'Smoky Slate'-to stamp all
 
Tools:
'Aqua Painter'-to watercolor
'Wink of Stella-clear'-used to add shimmer to the front
of the card...flowers, dragonfly, and the greeting 'Friend'!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 

 
I tried to get a good picture showing the
'Wink of Stella', but it doesn't photograph well, at all!
Take my word for it, it is so pretty!
It is a subtle shimmer!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is Today's 'C' note!
 
 
Only two reasons I need!
 
 
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Friendship to you ALL!
 
 


4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Such a pretty card, Cheryl - and watch out, that watercolouring is addictive! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

inkeverywhere said...

Lovely use of colour on your card - gives it a vibrant focal point. I really like the idea of the matching envelope too. Chantell Just Add Ink

Di Barnes said...

Well done, Cheryl Watercolouring is addictive so I'm sure it won't be your last card. Glad you played along with us at Just Add Ink too.
Di:
PS: Another tip I like to help warping is to tape your paper down with washi or masking tape.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the soft watercolour Cheryl, l'm sure you will be addicted now..:0) Lovely soft card. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.