Sunday, February 26, 2017

Work of Art for Freshly Made Sketches!

 
 
Hello Stampers, Friends, and Family!
 
Hope you had a great weekend!
I played in my yard all weekend...I did a major cut down
to the 'Pom pas Grass' in my front yard. It was a tough
fight...I have battle scars...but I survived!
I will now have to dig at the root system to dig it up.
It is predicted to be cooler this week...and rain.
After the rain to soften the ground...I will be able to dig
up quite a bit...the rest...'Round Up!'
Oh, did I mention I hate Pom pas Grass?
So I won this battle so far, but war still rages
till the last root is gone!
I will wait a year and then plant something else
in that area...I would love to do a 'Crepe Myrtle'!
A 'red Crepe Myrtle'!
Every house in this community has a Crepe Myrtle except mine.
I guess the previous owners took them out.
 I am looking for the dwarf ones.
I think 2 in that area would be nice!
Maybe a bench there too! We shall see.
 
Onto today's Challenge deadline!
The Challenge is a 'sketch' Challenge.
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 

 
I stamped the rose and leaves and then 'fussy cut' them out.
I stamped and clear embossed the Greeting.
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
The 'leaves' are stamped but the flower is 'fussy cut' out.
Clean space for a personal note!
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I love stamping the envelopes to match!
 
 
Here are the Stock and Measures:
 
 
Stampin'Up! Cardstock:
'Always Artichoke'-card base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" folded
on the score
'Whisper White'-inside panel 4" x 5 1/4"
                          -also used to stamp rose, flower, and leaves
 
'Blooms and Bliss' DSP-front panel, 3" x 5 1/2"
 
 
Stampin'Up! Stamp Sets:
'Work of Art'-greeting
'Stippled Blossoms' 2 step stamp set-retired, rose, flower, leaves
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
'Blushing Bride'-rose and flower base
'Calypso Coral'-rose and flower detail
'Old Olive'-leaves base
'Always Artichoke'-leaves detail
'Old Olive'-greeting
 
Other Stampin'Up! Items used:
'Stamp-A-Ma-Jig'-to line up 2 step stamping
'Mini Glue Dots'-to adhere all flowers, front leaves
'Versa-Mark'-for embossing-greeting
'Stampin' Emboss Powder'-'Clear'-greeting
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Fabulousness to you ALL!

2 comments:

Amy O said...

A beautiful flower and a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

The yard work sounds a lot like work, haha! I love crepe myrtles and I think you'll be happy with them too. This card is lovely. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!