Friday, February 17, 2017

The Card Concept #67 Vintage Sympathy

 
Hello Stampers, Friends and Family!
 
This card was a real stretch for me. But I LOVED this
Challenge!!!! I have always wanted to do a 'Vintage',
'Shabby Chic' type card. One that also borders on the
'Steam-punk' side too!
 
I have done a 'Steam-punk' Card, a long time ago!
But this time I wanted to do something a little more tame 'ish'!
I believe I achieved my goal!
 
 
Here is the Challenge. It is a 'Theme Challenge.
'Vintage'
 
 
 
I see Copper, gold, script, and aging!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my take on this Challenge!
 

 
 
I did a lot of sponging! I stamped the background first.
Then I stamped the 'flourishes' in 'Versa-Mark' and heat embossed
in the three different 'metals'!
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 
 

 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped envelope!
 
 
 
 
Here are the Stock and Measures:
 
Stampin'Up! Cardstock:
'Early Espresso'-card base. 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" score @ 4 1/4" fold on the score
'Crumb Cake'- 2 panels, front and inside, 4" x 5 1/4"
'Very Vanilla'-3 3/4" x 5", 2 panels, front and inside
                      -banner, 1" x 4"
'Copper Foil Sheet'-heart on the front
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
'Early Espresso'-print on the front, inside sentiment
'Crumb Cake'-sponging
'Blushing Bride'-sponging
'Sweet Sugarplum'-sponging
 
Stampin'Up! Embossing Powders:
Copper-greeting, 'flourishes on front
Gold-'flourishes on front
Silver-spots on front
 
Stampin'Up! Stamp Sets:
'En Francais'-retired, script background stamp
'Flowering Flourishes'-front
'Flourishing Phrases'-'flourishes', greeting, inside sentiment, stamping on the envelope
'Gorgeous Grunge'-dots on front
 
Other Stampin'Up! Items Used:
'Sweetheart' Punch-Copper heart
'Triple Banner Punch'-flag tail on banner
'Blender Pen'-to blend color pencils
'Medium Size Envelope'-'Very Vanilla'
 
Non-Stampin'Up! Items:
Prismacolor Colored Pencils (given as a gift-had to use!)
used on the envelope only!
 
Here is the Card again!
 
 
 
 
I just may try this technique again! I had fun embossing, sponging and the like!
 
 
 
 
Here is your 'C' note!
 
 
This could apply to a lot of people today...don't let it be you!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Hugs to you ALL!
 
 


3 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl, love the embossing swirls and flourishes over the text, looks amazing, Cathy x

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. You did a great take on the concept.

Susangail Powell said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.