Monday, February 27, 2017

Sweet Succulents for the Color Throwdown #431

 
Hello Family, Friends and Stampers!
 
 
I must be a glutton for punishment...Mr. Hubster
and I went to Lowe's to get 'Weed n' Feed' and 'Potting Soil'.
I also picked up a 'Lavender Plant'.
After Lowe's, we went to Wal-Mart and
I bought 2 different Tomato Plants,
that are now in their pots,
and 2 six packs of 'Petunias'
for the pots on my front porch,
I planted all of them when we came home!
 
Still very sore from the yard work this weekend!
And now the plantings!
I should be good in a couple of days.
Ha! I can work inside, in the Craft Room instead!
(While I am doing Laundry)!
 

 
Today's Card is a Color Challenge.
The Challenge had an inspiration photo next to
the colors highlighted...the photo reminded me of the
'Succulent Garden' DSP and the
'Vertical Garden Project Kit'  
Stampin'Up! has in the
'Occasions Catalog'!


 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
The colors I matched to this are:
Mint Macaron-Old Olive-Sweet Sugarplum-Delightful Dijon
 

 
Isn't this gorgeous? It looks like the 'Vertical Garden'
Project Kit on page 22 of the 'Occasions Catalog'!
All it needs is the 'banner'!
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 

 
I tried to make it look like a box of 'Succulents'!
 

 
Here is a close-up of the Greeting and an attached Succulent!
I stamped and die-cut every succulent!
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
 
A close-up of the succulents inside!
They were stamped and die-cut too!

 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 
 
 
Love the 'Succulents' they are next to!
 
 
 
Here is the Stock and Measures:
 
 Stampin'Up! Cardstock:
'Delightful Dijon'-card base, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored @ 4 1/4" folded on the score
'Whisper White'-inside panel, 4" x 5 1/4"
                          -to stamp on with all the succulent stamps
 
'Succulent Garden' DSP-front panel, 4" x 5 1/4" (under all the succulents)!
                                            -inside bottom strip 1/2" x 3 7/8"
                                         (cut from the front panel)!
 
 
Stampin'Up! Stamp Sets:
'Oh So Succulent'-all the succulents (2 step stamping)
'Four You'-retired, greeting
'Suite Sayings'-inside sentiment
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
'Early Espresso'- (step 1) for all the succulents
                         -greeting and inside sentiment
'Mint Macaron'-succulents (step 2)
'Old Olive'-succulents (step 2)
'Sweet Sugarplum'-succulents (step 2)
 
Other Stampin'Up! Items Used:
'Succulent Framelits'-to cut out all succulents
'Mini Glue Dots'-to adhere all succulents and banner
'Triple Banner Punch'-to flag the banner (the v-notch)
'Medium Size Envelope'-'Whisper White'





 
Here is today's 'C' note!
 
 
 
I need to get some more plants!!!
A lady about 4 doors down from me keeps bees!
 
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Many Plantings to you ALL!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Broni said...

I love how you arranged all your succulents! What a great card!! Thanks for joining in at the Color Throwdown this week!