Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Vase for the 'Color Throwdown' ctd430

 
 
Hello Stampers, Friends, and Family!
 
Did a Card up today...I realized I had to
get this card posted! Tonight!
 
This card took me way out of my comfort zone...but
I liked it!
 
 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
The Colors I used:
Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip!
 
Don't you love that Vase?
 
 
 
  
Here is my Card!
 

 
I had a hard time photographing this card!
The Vase turned out Gorgeous in Person!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is a bit of a close-up of the Vase...
 
 
 
I used all the colors and then with a Versa-Mark Pen,
I marked lines and heat embossed with gold!
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
This is the front of the envelope!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
This is the back flap of the envelope!
I like how it is going to look taped shut, when sealed!

 

 
 
 
Here are the Stock and Measures:
 
Stampin'Up! Cardstock:
'Chocolate Chip'-card base, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored @ 4 1/4 folded
on the score
'Very Vanilla'-front and inside panels, 4" x 5 1/4"
'Tempting Turquoise'-Vase die cut (an ornament trimmed!)
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
'Tempting Turquoise'-sponging the Vase
'Chocolate Chip'-the dark drips on the Vase
'Wild Wasabi'-several splotches on the Vase
'Crumb Cake'-all over stamping, Vase, greeting and inside sentiment
 
Stampin'Up! Stamp Sets:
'Ghoulish Grunge'-retired, large drips
'Timeless Textures'-all over stamping
'Touches of Texture'-stamping on the Vase
'Work of Art'-stamping on the Vase
'Bring On the Cake'-retired, inside sentiment
Sale-A-Bration 'Avant Garden'-Flower, greeting
 
Stampin' Write Markers:
'Wild Wasabi'-leaves on embossed flower
'Crumb Cake'-petals on embossed flower
 
Other Stampin'Up! Items used:
'Delicate Ornament Thinlits'-Vase, snipped at both ends to make it look like a Vase
'Versa-Mark Pad'-all gold embossing
'Versa-Mark Pen'-to draw onto the Vase
'Stampin' Emboss Powder-Gold'
'Stamping Sponges'-all sponging
'Medium Size Envelope'-'Very Vanilla'
 
 
 
 
I first made this card with a 'canning jar' shape.
Did all the same as I did the die-cut 'Vase'.
The 'jar' looked way too small on the card.
The 'flower', over-powered the 'jar'.
Therefore I die-cut the Ornament',
 trimmed the top and bottom to make a
'Vase' and I adhered it over the 'jar'.
I like this better than the 'jar'.
Also the design is better
proportioned for the 'Vase'.
 
P.S. the top of this 'Vase' is the top of the 'jar'!
Lots of trimming and sponging!
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Love to you ALL!
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

Broni said...

How cool that you recreated the vase! Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!