Friday, January 6, 2017

CHOCOLATE CHIP WITH PEEK-A-BOO PEACH

 
Hello Stampers and Friends!
 
I have been a busy bee!
I have cleaned house of all Christmas decorations AND
cleaned the house, top to bottom!
I spent several days making cards...I will be sharing!
I have also been cleaning out and organizing my Craft Room.
It was in dire need! I didn't really have time to do
much cleaning out before the move down here.
I did go through some items before the move. I gave a lot
 to a wonderful fellow crafter up North!
Well, I also mailed up to her...Cardstock, DSP, Embellishments,
Stamps Sets and some Framelits and Thinlits!
I know she will use all of it! She is a wonderful
crafter. I have known her for about 20 years.
I used to go to her 'Ceramic Classes' way back when...that is
how we met! This woman is multi-talented and one of the sweetest
women I know! I have learned much from her too.
This woman was diagnosed with cancer (a come back from a previous cancer) it was about the time
she was hit with Salmonella and hospitalized.
She was literally on her death bed.
That is what the Dr.'s were saying.
She went home on hospice...but guess what prayers did?
Yup! She is totally recouped from the Salmonella.
God is good! 
Now to address the cancer issue.
She had already made up her mind to not have Chemo.
She told her children that was what she wanted.
Well, She went to the Oncologist yesterday...guess what?
Prayers again! God is so good!
The Dr. told her that her blood work was normal and whatever
she is doing, keep it up, 'cause she is doing well!
So my friends, don't give up!
God is still in the Miracle business!
 
 
Now to the card...
Today's card is one I thought about, but once I made it...
well...I have decided to share even the ones I second guess.
I want to share that all our cards aren't perfect.
 
Here is a Layout I used as a guide for the Card.
It is from Connie Stewart's Group
'Stampin' Girls Gone Wild' Weekend Challenge.
 
 
 
Here is my Card:
 
 
 
The Card base is 'Thick Whisper White' Cardstock.
The DSP is from 'Tasty Treats Specialty DSP'.
The Stamp Sets used are:
'Birthday Brights' (Greeting)
stamped in 'Chocolate Chip' Classic Stampin' Ink.
'Party Pants' (retired)
'cake time' also stamped in 'Chocolate Chip'.
 
 
'Party With Cake' (inside sentiment and cake slice)
stamped also in 'Chocolate Chip'.
The Popsicles are stamped in 'Peek-A-Boo Peach'
and 'Crumb Cake'. I used the Stampin' Write Markers
to color the stamps before stamping the inside design. 

 
The front Popsicle was stamped in 'Crumb Cake'
Classic Stampin' Ink and then colored in with
Stampin' Write Markers in 'Crumb Cake'
and 'Peek-A-Boo Peach'.

 
The 'Medium Size Envelope' was stamped to match the card!
I used the 'confetti' from the new 'Balloon Adventures' Stamp
Set and the 'cake slice' from the 'Party With Cake' Stamp Set.
 
I thought it was a great masculine card. Simple and not frilly!
Showed it to Mr. Hubster...he said he didn't like it. He told me it
wasn't as nice as my other cards. He said, it seems to blah.
Going into my stash...I will use it for a masculine Birthday!
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Love to you ALL!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: