Friday, January 20, 2017

Another Fusion!

 
Hello Friends and Stampers!
 
I liked the FUSION sketch challenge from a
previous Post.
 
Here was the Challenge:
 
 
Had a bad bout of Insomnia the other night.
I did try to read a book, but it didn't make me tired,
like it usually does!
I don't know why, but it has been a struggle for the
last 2 years. I have tried melatonin, and other things.
Usually I will use Advil PM...but by the time this Insomnia
hits me it is really late to take the Advil PM.
I don't want to sleep till noon!
Any ideas would be appreciated!
 
 
So I decided to play in the Craft Room while I was awake!
I had made another card for this Fusion Challenge.
I liked the layout, so I made up another card!
 
Here is my Card:
 

 
The card base is 'Mossy Meadow'.
I used 'English Garden' DSP (retired).
The Greeting is stamped in 'Night of Navy'
Classic Stampin' Ink, with a stamp from the
'Tin of Tags' Stamp Set.
The Circles are 'Baked Brown Sugar' retired,
and 'Whisper White' card stock.
I used the NEW 'Stitched Layers Framelits'.
The 'button' is from the stash, and I used
a 'hemp' twine tied through the button.
The twine is a leftover from another 'Paper Pumpkin' Kit.
 
Another masculine Birthday Card for my stash!
 
Here is the inside:

 
Again, the piece I cut off for the front...I used to
'finish' the inside. The sentiment is from the
'Party With Cake' Stamp Set, stamped in
'Night of Navy' Classic Stampin' Ink.
 

 
I used some DSP on the flap of the 'Medium Size Envelope'
to dress it up! I like it!
 
I had resolved this year to use up my stash!
I am using up some retired card stock
and DSP I have in my stash!

 
I am purging my Craft Room.
I have given away much to my Friend up North!
(she will be getting another box or two!)
What I have kept...I am going to use up.
 
I must say, I LOVE the 'Mossy Meadow' card stock!
That said, sadly it was retired from Stampin'Up!
It was one of the 'In Colors', offered in the
New Catalogs each year. This year, on May 31, 2017,
we will say goodbye to:
 
Cucumber Crush
Delightful Dijon
Mint Macaron
Tip Top Taupe
Watermelon Wonder
 
The GOOD is that we will be introduced to 5 New 'In Colors'.
They will be around for 2 years, then we will say goodbye to them! Sometimes you get a color that is HARD to say goodbye to.
The 'Mossy Meadow' is one I had a hard time saying goodbye.
 
Below is a list of colors I would like to see one day
make it into the Color Collections.
Do you remember any of them?
 
Poppy Parade
Mossy Meadow
Baked Brown Sugar
Baja Breeze
Coastal Cabana
Cantaloupe Crisp
Blackberry Bliss
Blue Lagoon
 
Let me know what colors you would love to see again!
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings to you ALL!
 
 


No comments: