Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Freshly Made Wahoo!

 
Hello Stampers and Friends!

(OMG! Just re-read the Title! Snicker, Snicker!)
 
A Happy HELLO! to you all!
 
Today's Card is 'Simple'!
 
I based the design on a sketch from
'Freshly Made Sketches #265
 
 
Here is the Sketch:

 
The Simplicity of this sketch great. I saw many things I wanted to do with this sketch. Since I am building up my Birthday Card stash,
I went with that!
I also see either a 'Sunrise or Sunset' with this too!
I may just do one, to be filed, in the memory banks!

This is what I did with the sketch:
 

 
Simple!
 
A 'Whisper White' Thick Card Stock for the 'base' of the Card.
Using the New 'Occasions Catalog', "Birthday Blast" Stamp Set.
I stamped the design in 'Tempting Turquoise' Classic Stampin' Ink.
Also the Greeting was stamped on a separate piece of 'Whisper White' regular Card Stock. I punched the 'banner' with 'Triple Banner Punch' on each end. To mat the 'banner' I used 'Tangerine Tango' Card Stock, and also used the 'Triple Banner Punch'!
I stamped the 'Wahoo's' in 'Tangerine Tango' Classic Stampin' Ink.
The Stars were punched from 'Tangerine Tango' Card Stock with the retired, 'Itty Bitty Accents' Punch Kit. I then attached the 'stars'
to the card with 'Stampin' Dimensionals'.
 

 
The inside of the card, using the same
'Birthday Blast' Stamp Set, the Sentiment and stars are
stamped in 'Tempting Turquoise' and 'Tangerine Tango'
Classic Stampin' Inks!
 
 
Using the 'Tempting Turquoise' and 'Tangerine Tango'
Inks, the 'Medium Size Envelope' was stamped to reflect
the Greeting on the Card!
 
I think the 'hardest' part of the card was lining up the
'Tangerine Tango' banner mat.
One way , I found, to make it easier, for me... was to
lay the 'stamped banner' over the mat piece ('Tangerine Tango')
which the width is 1/8" larger than the 'stamped banner'.
With a pencil, mark where the 'flagged' ends are to be
(inside the 'V's') 
1/8" from the ends of the 'stamped banner'.
Then turn the punch so you can see the pencil mark on the banner and line it up, in the punch, then punch the mat for the banner.
It was the only way I could figure out how to make it fit.
If there is an easier way...let me know!
I am sure there may be another way!
 
Other than the 'banner' this card was EASY!
I am going to do this again!
I will try another color combination!
 
The 'Birthday Blast' Stamp Set also has an 'Edgelits' die
that can be used with it! It is called 'Star Blast Edgelits'.
This also can be purchased as a bundle for a 10% savings.
See page 11 in the New 'Occasions Catalog'!
 
If you need anything from the 'Occasions Catalog' or the
'Annual Catalog', contact me and I will help you with your order.
Remember, for every $50 you spend from either of those 'Catalogs'
you can pick a FREE item from the 'Sale-A-Bration' Catalog!
 
My contact information is:
 
 
 
Today's 'C' note:
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings to you ALL!
 
 
 


No comments: