Saturday, December 17, 2016

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

 
Good Day and Warm Greeting to you all!
 
 Warning this is going to be a bit lengthy!
 
I Love this time of year!
The hustle and bustle and everyone
seems to be in the Christmas Spirit!
Wish it was like this year round!
My Christmas Gifts are bought and are Wrapped and
have all made it to the Post Office and are mailed!
Done and done!
Mr. Hubster and I bought a new Dinette for ourselves for Christmas. We had a gorgeous Dining room table given to me from a co worker several years ago. Just the table, no chairs. I knew what
I wanted for chairs, but Mr. Hubster didn't care for them.
So for chairs I used those plastic patio chairs!
They had arms on them, and I bought four matching to use till I could find what I was looking for, for the table.
Mr. Hubster wanted 'Captain's chairs'. He liked to rest his arms
on the arms of the chair. I noticed, when he had his friends over for coffee, they too would rest their arms on the arms of the chair.
Then when we moved in down here in NC, I noticed that Mr. Hubster was having a hard time rising up from those chairs,
after a meal. They are not the sturdiest of chairs.
 It then dawned on my that Mr. Hubster's
knees weren't young anymore!
Mr. Hubster would use the arms of the chairs to help
lift himself up from the table.
So we went to the furniture store and looked around.
We had been to many looking for chairs with no success.
I finally agreed with Mr. Hubster, to just get a whole new set.
So about 3 weeks ago we happened into a local
Furniture Store here...we looked at all kinds of dinettes.
We did not want a 'formal' dining room set.
Who does that anymore? Not us!
We have a 'breakfast room' in the new house.
It works as a dining room for us!
It is next to the slider and tall windows,
overlooking our deck and backyard.
It is a great view and we love to sit there at mealtimes.
So I got to thinking about Mr. Hubster's knees.
Then it hit me! Pub Style Table and Chairs!
Mr. Hubster is 6'3". Perfect!
Now it is much easier for him to sit at the table AND
when the meal is finished...he is able to get up from the table
with much more ease! We are happy with the new Dining Set!
Merry Christmas to Us!
Then a couple of days later, I had to go back to the Furniture Store to inquire on a Chair they were replacing to the new dinette (it was
a bit wobbly and uneven) we hadn't heard from the store. I was in the neighborhood near there, so I swung into the parking lot and went into the store. I spoke with a wonderful woman there who
got right on it. Meanwhile, I went into the showroom and spotted
a new recliner for Mr. Hubster...I bought it!
His old recliner had seen better days!
After we went to dinner, I took Mr. Hubster to the store
to show him the recliner...well...the same problem Mr. Hubster was having with the old recliner, he was having with the new recliner. The arms on the recliners were set too far back to be able to hold onto to help him lift himself up from the chair.
Mr. Hubster spotted a 'lift chair'. He sat in it and lo and behold...he
had no problem getting up from the chair (because of his knees).
He didn't even use the 'lift part' (the motor to operate the chair to lift). The arms of the chair are set more forward to the seat end.
He could push up with ease! Mr. Hubster also reasoned that on his
bad days, he then could use the 'motorized lift' part of the chair
to help him, if he should need to use it. Win! Win! for Him!
So we talked to the salesmen and the replacement dining room chair and the Lift chair were to be delivered the same day!
We have them and we are thrilled! We haven't really had 'New'
furniture in a long time! We were due!
So now that the Gifts have all been mailed!
Our New furniture for ourselves delivered!
Life should be easy!
NOPE!
I have been going about baking, at first, like a mad woman!
 Even though it is only the two of us this year
we both still love some traditions...Seasonal yummies!
So I have been busy! I have decided we will extend our Season
and I will continue to bake even after the Holidays. I am going to try some older recipes that I haven't done in a long time!
 I also have decided to slow down and just enjoy the whole season!
Baking will get done, when it gets done!
 
 I have also been working in the 'Craft Room'.
Got some of the new pre-ordered goodies
in from the 'Occasions Catalog' from Stampin'Up!
 
This is a great Catalog!
 
I am 'In Love' with Many of the 'suites' they are showing!
 
One 'suite' is 'Dragonfly Dreams', The DSP,
 Stamp Set, and the Thinlits...to die for! 
Another is called 'Succulent Garden'. The DSP,
Stamp Set and Framelits are Gorgeous!
They even have a Kit called 'Vertical Garden'!
You can make an indoor wall 'Garden'!
You can use the Stamp Set and Framelits for that too!
 They have another Suite for Father's Day
called 'Urban Underground'.
 I have fallen in love with 'Nailed It' Bundle!
Stamp Set and Framelits!
My Dad was in Construction for years.
I am looking forward to making Dad and my brothers their
Father's Day and Birthday Cards with this set!
Great Masculine Set!!
The DSP and Washi Tape and Embellishments and the Hexagon Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF)! Amazing!
They also have a 'Party Animal' Suite!
DSP, Thinlits, Stamp Set, Washi Tape, Ribbon,
and also embellishments too! Cute!
'Cupcakes and Carousels' Suite...vintage looking, soft colors.
DSP, Stamp Set, Embellishment Kit! Adorable!
They also have a Balloon Suite! As in Hot Air Balloons!
Stamp Set, Thinlits, so cute!
They even have a Project Kit to make 12 Cards!
All inclusive: 12 cards, 12 envelopes, 12 gift tags!
4 each of 3 designs-cards and tags!
They also have the Stamp Set to match that
you can purchase separately.
For Valentines Day! 'Sending Love' Suite!
DSP, Stamp Set, Framelits, Ribbon, Embellishments,
mini paper clips...Ah! Amore'!
Couple of cute Baby Stamp Sets!
They have an EASTER BASKET Bundle!
Absolutely adorable! Stamp Set AND Framelits!
Even a mini Egg Carton! Stinkin' Cute!
Then there are a several of what I call Stand Alone Sets.
One is called 'Beautiful You'! Very Chic!
Also introducing Watercolor Pencils! You can use with your Blender Pens OR Aqua Painters!!! AWESOME!
There are several more Stamp Sets just for Coloring!
'Chase Your Dreams', 'Mediterranean Moments'.
They even have a 'Lucky Elephant'!
A great teen stamp set 'Custom Tee' and a 'Tie Dye' Stamp Set!
'Cool Treats' Suite! makes me hungry for all the yummy Summer Treats! DSP, Stamp Set, Framelits, Ombre' Stamp Pad, Washi Tape, and Sprinkles Embellishments! Yum!
Another Great Nautical Stamp Set called 'High Tide'! Love It!
Another called 'Day at the Beach'! Warm Fuzzies!
They even have one called 'Beetles and Bugs'! Yup! Bugs!
Another Cool Bundle is called the 'Window Shopping' Bundle!
Stamp Set and Thinlits to make boxes with windows on the sides!
Also a new 'Project Life' Album and Kits with returning favorites in your pages for the album!
And the 'Falling In Love' Suite! Deep Amore'!
Ribbon, Lace Doilies, Embellishments (Very Vanilla)!
DSP and Stamp Set!
Another, 'So In Love' Bundle! Stamp Set and Thinlits!
So much Great Stuff! Deeper Amore'!
AND
also Sale-A-Bration! Can't forget that!
 
For Every $50 you spend from the 'Occasions Catalog OR the 'Annual Catalog', you can pick one FREE item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog!
Here is a list of the offerings!
 
Avant Garden Stamp Set-Can use with Succulents Suite!
Lift Me Up DSP-matches the Hot Air Balloon Suite!
Delicate Details Stamp Set-Lace Edgings for 'Falling In Love'!
Inside the Lines DSP-coordinates with Dragonfly Dreams!
Think adult Coloring!
3/8" Metallic Ribbon Combo- Silver and Vanilla!
This is gorgeous!
Tasty Trucks Stamp Set-Think Food Trucks! Cute!
Any Occasion Stamp Set-looks to go with Food Trucks!
Card Tin-white and metallic gold stripes with divider tabs!
Love this! Now you can make cards and have a container to gift them in!
Hey Chick! Stamp Set-Chickens! Funny, Cute, Sassy!
Designer Tee-coordinates with the 'Custom Tee Stamp Set'
Another Card Kit- Pretty Pocket Card-makes 8 cards
 
Whew! That is about all there is today!
I will be working on some cards to show you some of the Beautiful
Stamps and Papers and what I went for with this Catalog!
I did do a lot! But I will admit I didn't buy EVERYTHING!
If I were wealthier...I just may have!
 
If you do not have a Stampin'Up! Demonstrator...contact me.
I will be happy to be your Demonstrator! And get you the Catalogs.
But only if you do not have another Demonstrator. Thank you!
 
Until the next post...Blessings to you all and make a conscience effort to slow down and just enjoy the whole Season. Hug your kids, spouses, and/or significant others!
Blessings and Love!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: