Saturday, November 19, 2016

"P" is for...

 
 
Hello Stampers and Friends!
 
 
"P" is for..."Picture Perfect"
 
Today's Stamp Set from Stampin'Up!
 
 
 
This is a stamp set that challenged me
to step out of my comfort zone!
It is called a 2 step stamp set.
The flowers and leaves are 3 steps.
The  hummingbird is really a 4 step stamping!
The starfish is the only thing with 2 steps!
I found the trick to this is to start
with the lightest color of ink and work up to the darkest.
 
 
The hummingbird was stamped in this order:
(see the set above? the birds, left to right is your order for stamping)
First bird, stamp in 'Old Olive' Classic Stampin' Ink.
Second step, see that little 'triangle-ish' piece?
That you use the 'Real Red' Classic Stampin' Ink and center at his throat. The second bird, stamp in 'Always Artichoke'
Classic Stampin' Ink over the first.
The third bird (with the beak) stamp over all
in 'Soft Suede' Classic Stampin' Ink.
 
Here's my Hummingbird!
He looks just like the little guy, who visited my feeder this year!
 

 
I think he turned out well for my first time!
I also chose three different reds, yellows, and oranges to stamp the roses.
I also did some masking (first time ever!) to 'group' the roses!
I left all the masks on and then randomly stamped in the leaves
  in between the roses...
I used only one of the 'parts' of the 3 step leaves!
(in the stamp set above, it is the smallest stamp for the leaves).
 
The stamped 'Whisper White' panel was then matted
with 'Delightful Dijon' Cardstock and then
 matted again with 'Cherry Cobbler' Cardstock.
Then the whole thing adhered to an 'Always Artichoke' Card Base.

 
The 3 step leaves stamping was used for
the 'Medium Size Envelope'.
The inside Sentiment is from the
 "Thankful Thoughts' Stamp Set.

 
I waited for quite awhile before I purchased this set.
 I saw many cards with the Starfish and the Roses.
I only saw a few with the Hummingbird.
 
I was in love with the Hummingbird.
I lacked courage to go for the 'step-stamping' technique.
I stood up to the challenge!
I am glad I did! No more fear!
Also 'masking' was a challenge...no more!
 
I see many more cards with this handsome guy in the future!
 
 
Now I have a couple of more cards for my box of cards!
(BTW...I sent one out to a good friend up in New England
who loves Hummingbirds as much as me!)
 
Happy Birthday Susan!
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and good challenges to you ALL!


No comments: