Monday, October 17, 2016

The Leaves Are Blooming For Fall...

Hello Friends!

I Love the Fall! There I said it!
I Love the colors, the crisp air, and all that goes with it!


Someone asked me once..."How can you like Fall? It signifies Death."
(Mind you, it was a Pastor of a church I once attended!)
I never, ever associated Fall with death. It made me think why would someone think Fall was death? Then I figured it out...lurking around the corner from Fall, is Winter. I guess they associated Fall with Winter. I don't.

I am one of those Pumpkin Spice people...yup!
I like to bake...The smells of Fall are always in my Kitchen!
I love the smells and foods! I think we all look forward to all those warm meals after eating quick, cool foods of Summer.
By October, I am anticipating all the comfort foods I missed over the Summer!
Soup, Stews, Casseroles, Pies...and on and on! I LOVE all things
"Pumpkin Spiced"! Want to know something funny...I do not like
Pumpkin Pie...go figure! I think it has to do with texture! But give me
Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin zucchini bread, Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin spiced coffee (My signal Fall is here!), pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin muffins...on and on!

Today's card is a reflection of what I see in the Fall. I Love the colors!





Here is the Card:
 

 
 
I used 'Cajun Craze' Cardstock for the Base' I used a 'Woodgrain'
Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF)
 to impress the front of the card.
I used the TIEF from Stampin'Up! to impress the front panel too,
it is called 'Woodland'. The greeting is from the retired Stamp Set named 'Good Greetings' from Stampin'Up!
 
 
With the ' Stamp Set' Vintage Leaves' from Stampin'Up!
 I stamped all the leaves onto different colored Cardstock.
The colors I used are:
Elegant Eggplant
Calypso coral
Always Artichoke
Crushed Curry
Chocolate Chip
Real Red
 
I stamped the different leaves onto the different colors, in Versa Mark
and then I used the 'Copper Embossing Powder' from Stampin'Up!
I am in love with this Embossing Powder!
I heat set them with  the 'Heat Tool'.

 
As you can see...I also used leaves on the inside of the card too!
I also stamped the lower left hand side of the 'Medium Size' Envelope which is 'Very Vanilla', with one of the leaves
from the 'Vintage Leaves' Stamp Set,
 in 'Artichoke Classic Ink' and 'Cajun Craze Classic Ink'.
To cut out all the leaves...
I used the 'Leaflits Framelits' from Stampin'Up!
I also used the discontinued 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon.
(You could use the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, available in the Annual Catalog).

I used 'Fast Fuze' to adhere the Ribbon to the card front.
To adhere the panel to the card front, I used 'Fast Fuze' too.
The inside panel is adhered with 'Snail Adhesive'.
The inside leaves, I used the 'Mini Glue Dots'.
 
 
To gather the leaves...I used 'Mini Glue Dots'. Then I tied, in a bow,
 the top of the leaves, with a 5" long piece of Thick Baker's Twine
(Baked Brown Sugar, it is now discontinued).
You could use the 'Linen Thread' to tie together too!
I adhered the 'bunch' of leaves to the card front with the ''Mini Glue Dots'.
 
 
Here is a close up of the leaves embossed in the 'Copper Embossing Powder' and Heat set! I LOVE this!
 
I made up a bunch of the leaves. I didn't use all of them.
My next Post will be a card I made with the left over leaves!
 
It is a Similar layout, but I used different color card base and
Embossing folder for the front panel.
 
Until the NEXT post...Blessings to ALL of You!


2 comments:

Tina Riddle said...

Cheryl, I LOVE those gorgeous embossed leaves in all of those wonderful Fall Colors! Your card is such a beautiful display of Fall paired with the embossed background and that burlap. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Craft Crew this week! Blessings, Tina

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very pretty card, Cheryl! Thanks for playing with the Paper Craft Crew!!

Tenia