Friday, October 21, 2016

Ring Ding a Ling....

Hello Friends!

Today's Card is a 'Center Step Card'!
I decided to try my hand at one of these cards. Not really that hard...but, I
really had to pay attention to measurements. Took me two tries, but I got it!
I would suggest that you use the paper out of your printer for practice. Then move on to your cardstock.  Therefore you won't waste your cardstock, should you err!




I used 'Tip Top Taupe' Cardstock for my Base. I used 'Early Espresso' Cardstock for my Mats. For my DSP, I used the new 'Candy Cane Lane DSP' in the Holiday Catalog. I really like this pattern...looks like it's snowing!



Onto 'Whisper White' Cardstock I stamped in Versa Mark, the Banner, the Bells and the Greeting, and heat embossed in 'Copper Embossing Powder'. I then heat set it with the 'Heat Tool'. I used 'Bunch of Banners' Framelits to cut out the top Banner. I used the 'Bell Punch' to punch out the Bells. The bottom Greeting is trimmed to size and matted.



All DSP and Mats are adhered together with 'Snail Adhesive'. The bottom Greeting was adhered to card with 'Snail' and the Banner and the Bells were adhered to the card, popped up with 'Stampin' Dimensionals'. I used some Neutral with Copper Baker's Twine from my stash.



The Inside of the card I matted 'Whisper White' Cardstock Panel with 'Early Espresso' Cardstock for a mat. Same with the Sentiment, which is also 'Copper Embossing Powder' and heat set. That Sentiment is from the 'Christmas Pines' Stamp Set. I also trimmed and matted the Sentiment to the Panel. A little different thing to do! I like it!



This card measures, 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". It doesn't fit a 'Medium Envelope'. I used some 'copy paper' from my printer to make an envelope to fit the card!
I even stamped the flap of the envelope to jazz it up a little!



I hope you are working on your Christmas Cards...although Christmas is 2 months away...I mail mine the day after Thanksgiving!

Hope you are feeling inspired...Till the next post...Blessings to you ALL!

No comments: