Wednesday, October 19, 2016

It's A Flurry!

Hello Friends!

It is back to Christmas Cards again!

I am going to show the "Suites" or the "Sets" that are in the Annual and Holiday Catalogs for Christmas.
Today's Card is made with 'Flurry of Wishes' Stamp Set and the 'Snow Flurry' Punch from Stampin'Up!
One of my Favorite Christmas color combinations is Navy Blue with Silver.
So Rich looking!
The Card Base is 'Night of Navy'. I stamped the Large snowflake from the 'Flurry of Wishes' Stamp set, in Versa Mark and sprinkled a mixture of embossing powders, that I mixed, on the snowflake, and heat set it with
the 'Heat Tool'.

Here is the Card:


I lost my 'Silver Embossing Powder' and so I improvised.
I ordered more last night!.
My improvised mix is made of the 'Pewter Embossing Powder' and 'Silver Stampin' Glitter'!
Hey, Necessity IS the Mother of Invention!


I stamped on a separate piece of 'Night of Navy' Cardstock, the snowflakes that matched the 'Snow Flurry Punch'. I stamped them also in Versa Mark and sprinkled my 'silver' mixture on them and heat set them. I punched them out and used 'Stampin' Dimensionals' to adhere the to the card. The top small snowflake and the bottom left snowflakes. The snowflake above the Greeting is adhered with a couple of 'Mini Glue Dots'. I  wanted the snowflakes to have different heights on the card! The Greeting was also stamped and heat embossed. The Greeting is from the same stamp set as the snowflakes...'Flurry of Wishes'.

 
Can you see the different heights of the Snowflakes?
Here is a closer look.

 
I stamped the envelope with the Pair of snowflakes from the
'Flurry of Wishes' Stamp Set in 'Night of Navy'
 Classic Stampin' Ink. I stamped the front left side of the envelope
 and I also stamped the flap! 

 
 
The inside of the card...I attached a panel of 'Whisper White'
Cardstock and in 'Night of Navy' Classic Stampin' Ink, I stamped the
sentiment from the same 'Flurry of Wishes' Stamp Set!
The two snowflakes were stamped and heat set in my 'Silver' mix.
I punched them out with the 'Snow Flurry Punch' and adhered the to the card, with 'Mini Glue Dots'!
So Pretty!

 
When you make Dark Cards...Put a Panel inside.
When you write out your cards, it makes it easier!
I have used white gel pens on the dark to sign only our names.
To write a personal message, it just doesn't look or work right.
The panel is the life saver!
 
 
I hope you get inspired to get your cards made
for the FAST upcoming Holidays!
I have mentioned, I have a LARGE Family
and many Friends that I mail cards out to for Christmas.
 
Until the next Post...
Blessings to you All!


No comments: