Monday, October 31, 2016

Christmas Z-Folds

Hello Stampers/Friends!

These are the LAST 2 Z-Fold Cards! (Do I hear a low roar of YAY!?)

I am using up the last 2 Pre-cut 'Basic Gray' Cardstock Pieces I had cut for the Pictorial/Tutorial. The Cat now out of the Bag...I had messed up 2 pieces while making the Pictorial...I cut several more...I was bound and determined I was going to get it right! So I had extra pieces. They are cut smaller than a regular Card so I just decided to use them for what they were cut out to be used for, Z-Cards!

Stampin'Up! used to have a 'Color Coach', it is now discontinued. I still have mine and when I am stuck...it is one of my go to things for inspiration.
I decided to check out what colors go with 'Basic Gray' Cardstock.

Here is the back of the 'Basic Gray' Color Card...
 
The top right is the color the best match for monochromatic.
The left 6 colors are Complimentary or Contrasting Colors.
 
 
For the previous Post with the Baby Cards...this is where I got the idea for the Pink and Blue. Actually for the Pink, I used 'Blushing Bride' Cardstock instead of the 'Melon Mambo' Cardstock. I then held the 'Basic Gray' next to the 'Soft Sky' and I liked it too!
 
Also in the top three colors, 'Basic Gray', 'Melon Mambo', and 'Old Olive. 
I chose to use two of the colors...
'Old Olive' and 'Basic Gray'.
 
 
'Old Olive' Cardstock and 'Basic Gray' Cardstock...sweet!
I decided to go simple on this card. I used the 'Basic Gray'  DSP from the 'Neutrals' Designer Series Paper. I used the dots to resemble snow.
I stamped the trees with a stamp from 'Peaceful Pines' Stamp Set in 'Old Olive' Classic Stampin' Ink. I used the 'Stamping Off' Technique. I stamped the Greeting/Sentiment in 'Basic Gray' Classic Stampin' Ink.
The Snowflakes, I stamped off twice and then stamped onto the card to make them 'subtle'. The snowflake stamp is from the 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' Stamp Set...it has many little stamps for backgrounds.
 
 
Here is the 'stamped off' front of the 'Medium Size' Envelope.
 
 

Now to show you again the 'Color Coach' page for 'Basic Gray'
 
 
 
See the Bottom 3 Colors?
'Basic Gray', 'Real Red', and 'Pumpkin Pie'.
What!?! 
I had a hard time wrapping my head around this Color Combination.
So I slept on it.
 
Then it hit me!
 
I think it was the orange with the red and then the gray too...don't really know, but I found an 'orange' color, sort of...
 
"Copper Foil"!
 
 Yup! That is the 'orange' I decided upon for this card.
Check it out!
 
 
 
My Re-Order of 'Copper Foil Sheets' came in Friday. And I also had ordered from the Clearance Rack, the 'Red Foil Sheets'. Voila!
I also have been trying to use together the Bundles.
The 'Embellished Ornaments' Stamp Set and the 'Delicate Ornaments' Thinlits, were set out to be used and I figured, why not?
I will use them for this Post, instead of a different Post!

 
 
I also added a fourth color to the mix...'Garden Green'
I used the 'holly branch' to hang the ornaments off of on the card.
'Mini Glue Dots' were used.
I was going to use the 'Christmas Pines' Stamp Set, but I decided
to stick with the 'Embellished Ornaments' Stamp Set. The 'holly vines'
were something different to hang an 'Ornament' onto, for a Card!
 
I colored the 'Jewels Basic Pearls' with a Red Sharpie and then used them for Berries on the holly vines. The 'Copper Foil' was also used for the tops of the ornaments.

 
I stamped a 'Medium Size' Envelope with the same 'holly vine'
and colored over the green berries with 'Real Red' Stampin' Write Marker.
 

 
So, I believe this will be the last, for awhile, of the Z-Cards!
They were fun, once mastered, but now it is time to do something else.
 
Until the next Posting...Blessings and Love to you ALL!




No comments: