Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Third Day Of Christmas...



The Third in this series!

First I need to apologize for the delay...We had out of town Guests and just before they arrived, my computer crashed. So I didn't really have time to play with trying to see what is wrong...so...This morning "My Hubster" fixed my computer! I picked up something and it wreaked havoc, but it is fixed and I am able to post...I had all 12 posts ready...just didn't expect the computer to do it's own thing! Anyway, I can now post today! I told "Mr. Hubster" that I bow down to him and am in AWE of his computer skill!

This card is one I had a vision for when I purchased the 'Hearth and Home' Framelits. The 'wallpaper' isn't what I really wanted, but it is what I had on hand...it really isn't bad...but I wouldn't do this in my home!!!

Here is the picture:

 
 
I used the 'Hearth and Home' Framelits. I cut the crossbars out of the window and it became the fireplace! I used Early Espresso card stock for the fireplace, the mantle is Tip Top Taupe. The inside of the fireplace is Cherry Cobbler and I used the Embossing Folder 'Brick Wall'.
The wallpaper is retired Stampin'Up! DSP. I used a small strip of Whisper White card stock for the chair rail. I stamped the stocking with the stocking from "Hang Your Stocking" Stamp Set from Stampin'Up!
I cut out the stocking, bow, Christmas trees, and the andirons with the "Christmas Stockings Thinlits Dies.
The Stocking Stamp Set and the Thinlits are in the Holiday Catalog on page 15. They may be purchased as a bundle for a 10% savings!
The 'Flower' above the fireplace is a retired 'brushed gold' DSP from Stampin'Up! I used the new "Flourish Thinlits"
to cut out that flower. I used the small flower in that Thinlits set.
 
 
I think this turned out so cute! I made two of these. I am going to make a couple more of these using different Stampin'Up! DSP. I will post those when I make them...!

 
This is the inside of the card. I used a retired Stamp Set called
"Four the Holidays". There are some Stamp Sets I am not willing to part with...I DO use them each Christmas. I love this font!
 
I will catch you next post! Until then...Blessings to ALL of you!






No comments: