Tuesday, September 13, 2016

On the First Day of Christmas...

Just kidding! But I do have 12 days of cards to show you! I am only going to post one a day, otherwise this post will be picture heavy and wordy. So we will keep it to a card a day! Perhaps we can be inspired to get our cards done early for the Holiday Mailing!

Here is Day 1 card:

 
This is a close up of the card! I used Always Artichoke Card stock from Stampin'Up! The stamp set I used is called 'Festival of Trees'. The punch was a 'Tree' Punch that matched the set...when I went to look it up, it wasn't in the Catalog...it must be retired, if it isn't in the Catalog anymore, it is retired. Sorry, I didn't know it was retired before I made the card. These Trees could be cut out by hand like this...straight cuts! For the Star I stamped it in Crushed Curry and punch out with the Itty Bitty Accents punch (it is on the Clearance Rack!) I also used the Gold Wink of Stella on the star to bling it up! The ornaments are stamped in Cherry Cobbler and then I put a drop of Dazzling Details Cherry Cobbler on each ornament to bling them up too! I saw that this was retired too...:( 
Red Stickles should work too!
The sentiment Is a retired Stamp Set named 'Four the Holidays' I think I will be using this set forever! I still love it!
So I made Four of these cards for the Mailing stash. I'm getting there!

 
Another close look at the card. Oh I forgot...I used the 'Decorative Dots' Embossing Folder from Stampin'Up! I cut 3 pieces of the cardboard (that comes in our DSP packages) into rectangles the size of the area of the 'Decorative Dots'. I glued them together and then put the card front into the Embossing folder with the cardboard where I wanted the dots...Use no top plate when running it through the Big Shot. You will only get the area with the dots embossed on the card. I wanted the smooth area for the Sentiment!
Then I took a sponge dauber, dipped into Whisper White Craft ink pad and touched gently each dot...then I took a cotton pad folded and wiped over all the dots gently to soften up the dots. I may add a scored lined across the front to divide...funny how you think of these things after!


 


Hey! I like it! So score two lines across the card before you attach the trees with 'Mini Glue Dots'. I think it finishes the card! So happy we can discover these things together! This is still a learning process at all times!
 
I love being a Card Maker! Most of all I Love being a Stampin'Up!
Card Maker! An Independent Stampin'Up! Demonstrator! Although I am a 'Hobby Demonstrator' I am here if you need anything from Stampin'Up!
If you have a Demonstrator..by all means order from them...If you do not have a Demonstrator...I would be Happy to help you. Just contact me via my e-mail and I will get right back to you. Thank you for visiting today.
 
Until the next post...Blessings to ALL of you!

No comments: