Monday, September 12, 2016

In The "Holiday" Spirit!

Hello Fellow Stampers!

It's been a very busy weekend! Started last Tuesday...I received notice from the Homeowners E-mail that there was going to be a 'Sale/Swap' for Stampers and Scrappers in one of the meeting rooms at the Center! Oh my!
I was so excited to see there are others here that do what I do! It's been rather depressing not having someone here that has the same interest that I have too! What a great bunch of Ladies!! All of us got to meet, swap information and our stuff! I thought I had purged and given most of my stuff to a friend up North...but I was wrong! So I did have quite a bit to swap out! The gathering was from 9am-2pm...we all ended up packing up and leaving about noon...next time we will advertise well ahead of time. But it wasn't the bust that you may think...it was a great time to share, touch base and a promise to get together...I'm thinking monthly! I need to book the room for the year! I think a monthly card gathering would be fun! We shall see how this plays out too! I'm working on it!

So as you can tell, I was inspired and energetic! I went cracking on some cards for Christmas...I mail out about 65 cards a year...so I have many to make. Most cards I make, I make 2-4 of them of the same design. I had a few left over from last year...So I made more and I will share them with you! The first 2 picture are Santa Hat Tags I made from the new 'Jolly Hat Builder Punch' from Stampin'Up! I punched out the hats and assembled them using the "Fine Tip Glue Pen" from Stampin'Up! I then popped them up on the tags using "Stampin' Dimensionals".

 Here they are:
 
Aren't they Cute!

 
Here's one up close! The Stamps set I used were: 1 retired set for the tag itself, and for the Greeting I used the 'Hang your Stocking' Stamp Set!
I used some Garden Green striped Baker's Twine, and looped it for the tag. Ready to go...on the back (sorry I didn't get a picture, I thought I did) it says the traditional "To:" and "From:".
 
Then I made a box for them with the "Gift Box Punch Board"
I stamped and punched hats for the four sides of the box.
I like how these turned out! There are 12 Tags in the box.
Then I tied the box shut like a wrapped package with more
Garden Green Striped Baker's Twine. Done!
 
 
 
This first card, I used a technique to emboss only part of the card front.
I wanted some flat area to stamp my Greeting.
 
 
 
As you can see I made 4 of these cards!

 
I used the Festive Trees punch from last year along with the stamp set that matched. Unfortunately they are now retired and now unable to be purchased. I get this stuff to use but by the time I use them they get retired.
I make my cards up early in the year, because I have so many to mail. So When I start the following year...Some things get retired. I did get a late start this year on my cards because of the move, and then getting settled. So I did use some retired toys and also the new toys!
 
With that all said, if you have the punches/thinlits/framelits/bundles/stamp sets/card stock/DSP that are retired USE THEM! I buy to use my stuff over and over! When I'm done with any particular set...I set it aside and then I will sell them within the group I belong to from my 'Upline'. I also sold and gave away some stamp sets last Saturday. I love this and I want others to enjoy this as much as I do! Don't NOT use anything because it is retired...You can still get new, but as you can see, I mix and match sets!
Till next posting...Blessings to you All!
 
 



No comments: