Friday, August 19, 2016

Paper Pumpkin Do-Over!

Hello Stampers!

I have been busy here in NC! Today we are awaiting the arrival of our Grand-Daughters for a weeks visit! Soooo Excited!!!!

A couple of days ago I received my Paper Pumpkin Kit! Squeal! Love this kit! You can order it! You receive it monthly (about the 14th-15th of each month. They are mailed out on the 10th of each month!) It is a half hour of just putting together beautiful cards, or it may be a project, or a decorative item to make! Sometimes you can just do what you want with them. You can get creative or just follow the instructions...it doesn't matter, it is yours to do what you want! I normally do what the instructions say, on occasion I have just done my own thing...this is one such occasion. This month's Paper Pumpkin calls for 6 cards and 3 gift card holders to make. See the picture below:

 
 
I choose to do something different! I made cards! See below:
 
 
I used the 'Fruit Stand DSP' from Stampin'Up!
The card base is from the Paper Pumpkin.
I believe the color  is Mint Macaron.
I cut out a peach from
the DSP and adhered with Glue Dots.
The Greeting I used from a retired stamp set called 'Four You'.

 
Here is the inside of the card. I cut out a peach from the DSP and
used Glue Dots to adhere the peach. The stripe paper at the bottom is the backside of the DSP that is on the front of the card.
 
 

 
This card is the Gift Card Holder from the Paper Pumpkin!
I used the 'Seaside Shore Stamp Set from Stampin'Up!
I stamped several fish (Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Mint Macaron and Island Indigo) and fussy cut them out and
adhered with Glue Dots to the front of the Gift Card Holder.
I cut out a 2 X 3 card and slipped it inside of the holder.
The greeting on that is from a retired Stampin'Up! set called
'Bring On The Cake'. It says 'A Gift for You'.
The DSP in the background is from my stash.
 I think it is from  'Maritime DSP'
 

 
I cut out the fish after stamping and added a piece of the DSP
from the 'By the Sea' DSP and stamped the foliage from the
'Seaside Shore' Stamp Set. The 'Happy Birthday' is from a retired
Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set.

 
This last card I used the brush stroked paper from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.
The stamp set was included in with the Paper Pumpkin!
 I Know!
The kits come with everything you need to put the cards together!
This kit had the Photopolymer Stamp Set, The ink spot, DSP, card stock, and the Glue Dots and Stampin' Dimensional. Also included were
Wooden cut outs, natural ribbon, and die cuts.
In your first box from Paper Pumpkin you are given an acrylic stamping block. It will fit all the stamps that come in the kits!
So I stamped the greeting and the flowers I colored in with Mint Macaron and Pool Party Stampin' Write Markers and then I cut out a strip of  Pool Party card stock and  used the 'Triple Banner' Punch.
I punched out the circles with the Circle Punches, all
from Stampin'Up!

 
For the inside I used the Stamp Set again that came in the Paper Pumpkin.
I stamped the greeting in Cajun Craze Stampin' ink pad The floral design I used Pool Party Stampin' Ink Pad.

 
This card is a Note card.
I stamped the greeting in Early Espresso Stampin' Ink and Versamark.
I used clear Stampin'Up! Embossing Powder and heat set the greeting. the kit also came with some wooden leaves and the little flower die cut. I used a Glue Dot to adhere the die cut flower to the wooden flower, and I used another Glue Dot to adhere to the front of the card.

 
 
I stamped the inside with the flowers from the
Paper Pumpkin Stamp Set in Cajun Craze Stampin' Ink Pad.
 
I'm taking a break while the Grand-daughters are here! I made some cards that are done with the 'Curtain Fold', A good way to use up the DSP in your stash! You can get 4 cards out of one 12 X 12 DSP sheet!
 
 
Till next time!
Blessings to all of you!
 


 

No comments: