Monday, August 29, 2016

Curtain Fold Pictorial/Tutorial

Hello Fellow Stampers!
Here is the Pictorial/Tutorial I said I would make for you. I first have to mention that I used Dawn Griffith's process to make these. She is a wonderful Stampin'Up! demonstrator too! She has made many video's on different techniques.
This is going to be picture heavy so I am going to get right to it!


Take a 12" X 12" piece of your favorite DSP. Here I used a retired DSP from Stampin'Up! named 'Painted Blooms'. Cut that DSP to 5 1/2" X 12". You will be able to cut 2 of those from the DSP with a 1" X 12" piece left over. I'd save that for another card of use on the inside of this card at the bottom of the page. I chose to stamp the inside. No rule there, do what you prefer. It's all good!
 
On both of the 5 1/2" X 12" pieces...score a tick mark
at the very top edge at 1"

 
On the bottom of the piece...score at the 4 1/2" mark.

 
Now line up the 1" and the 4 1/2" tick marks diagonally on your Paper Trimmer at the cutting groove, top and bottom...

 
Now cut it...you will have two (2) equal pieces.

 
Cut the other one and you will have 4 pieces!

 
 
To make it easier to vision the pieces, turn them all the same way. You are going to score them all the same.

 
 
I turned this sideways because of glare.
You are going to score @ 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11

 
3"

 
6"
 

 
10"

 
11"
(Skipped a few scoring in pictures didn't think it needed
that many pictures to show you!)

 
 
Now we fold and burnish with our bone folders!
Starting on the long end, Mountain fold. The side you want to show the most of is the first Mountain fold. I only wanted the Sky Blue side to show
in the folds of the Curtain Fold.
 
 

 
The folding is very akin to the Concertina Fold, Accordion Fold...what ever you call it! This is the second Mountain Fold.

 
 
Here is the completed Folding. The end piece I didn't fold,
 it is going to wrap around to the back.
 
 

 
 
 
Putting some Snail on the small folds, at the top only,
then fold down to adhere.

 
 
 
Do that all across the folds.

 
 
 
 
Now flip the piece over and do it to the folds overlapping there,
be diligent, easy to goof this up at this point!


 
 
That last piece, put some Snail on it and fold to the back of the "Curtain".

 
 
 
Flip it over to the front. Look it's a Curtain!

 
 
 
 
 
Cut a piece of Card Stock to match the colors in your DSP.
I cut mine 1 1/4" X 4" 
Then cut some Vellum to  4" X 5 1/4" 


 

 
 
 
 
 
I used a Border Punch on the 1 1/4" X 4" pieces of Card Stock.
Then set aside for later.

 
 
 
We are going to Stamp a sentiment on the lower right hand side of the Vellum. I used the 'This is for You' stamp from the
"Tin of Tags" Stamp Set from Stampin'Up!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I adhered the  'Curtain' to the piece of Vellum about 1/2" down from the top.
Stamp your sentiment in the lower right hand corner.
Stamping on Vellum, the ink takes a long time to dry.
 I used my heating gun for embossing to 'heat set' the sentiment. It dries it faster so you can continue making the card, and not have to stop and wait for it to dry.
I tell you to go easy with the heat on the vellum, you can melt it.
So just watch the ink as you heat it and you will actually see it dry.
 It won't be Shiny anymore!
 

 

 
 
Here it is ready to continue!

 
Another look on an angle...not shiny, it is dry!
 
 
Next adhere the Border punched piece of Card stock
 to the top of the 'Curtain'  
1/4" down from the top of the Vellum. 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Put some Sticky Strip, or Fast Fuse on the back of the Vellum.
Use it only where the 'Curtain shows through the back. You do not want it to show through the Vellum.
Just set that aside.
 
 
 
 
 
I used the leaves from the 'Rose Garden' Thinlits.
I cut 2 leaves for each card.

 
 
 
For the flowers and the flower centers I used 2 of the
flowers from the 'Flower Fair' Framelits.
I cut 2 of each large flowers from each of the colored Card stock
that I was using on the cards. I used Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Rose Red, and Blushing Bride.
 
 
 
 
I cut 8 small flowers in Daffodil Delight.

 

 
 
Using one sheet of Whisper White Card stock. I cut 4 pieces
4" X 5 1/4". These will go on the inside of the cards.

 

 
 
Adhere to the inside of the card.
 
 
 
 
Then Stamp your design (I used Petite Petals Stamp Set)
Use the corresponding ink colors to your Card Stock.
 
 
 
 
This is a picture of all the pieces separated and ready to use.
I mentioned that I was making 4 cards for my stash!
This is a great way to use up your 'hoarded' DSP!
I decided to do 4 different colors that I pulled out of the
 'Painted Blooms' DSP.
You can see how I used the 
Pacific Point and Wild Wasabi flowers
and the Blushing Bride and Rose Red flowers,
interchangeably with each other.

 
 
 
Now lets adhere this to the card front!
Peel off the Sticky Strip. Put a Mini Glue Dot behind the sentiment.
I put mine on the 'U' in you.
Doing this will hide the Mini Glue Dot
from the front side of the Vellum.
Sorry, didn't realize this was fuzzy. 

 
 
Put some Rhinestone Basic Jewels on your punched strip.
I skipped the second from the right, because that is where I will adhere the leaves and then the flowers.

 
 
Here are the leaves adhered.

 
 
 
Next adhere the flower centers and flowers together with Mini Glue Dots.
Then adhere with Mini Glue Dots to the front of the card over the stems of the leaves. I also put a Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the center of both flowers.

 

 
 
 
Here are the Rose Red and Blushing Bride cards.
 

 
 
 
Here are the Pacific Point and Wild Wasabi cards.

 
 
Here are all 4 for their Photo Op!!!!

 
 
I do hope this makes it easy for you all to follow.
 
With this Pictorial/Tutorial I now have 4 more cards for giving,
in my stash!
 
Any Questions, please feel free to ask. I will get back to you either via this
post or you can e-mail me at:
 
Till the next Posting....
Blessings to all of you!
 

No comments: