Saturday, August 27, 2016

Curtain Fold Cards

Hello Stampers!

Well the Grand-daughters flew home this afternoon. So sad they are gone...the Mother of one of them is already planning for next year! She even said a month! Yippee! Now to get the other one's Mother to do the same! No, she is a young lady and working...the most I could get would probably be two weeks! I'll take it! So I will be chomping at the bit for the visit next year! So Happy!!!

I worked on a project just before they arrived and just didn't have time to post it so I am going to post it now. This card is called a 'Curtain Fold' card.
Let me tell you, it is a great way to use up your discontinued DSP!

You can get four cards out of a 12 X 12 piece of DSP!  SWEET!!!

I didn't do a tutorial, but I will give you the deets on how to cut and score and then apply to your card! First here are the cards:


The DSP is retired Stampin'Up! Painted Blooms.
Love this paper!
I mounted the 'curtain' on a piece of Vellum cut 4" X 5 1/2"
 

 
This is also Painted Blooms DSP.
 
 
Here are the deets for measurement:
Out of a 12 X 12 page of DSP, cut a piece 5 1/2" X 12"
Score on the short side a small tick at 1"
Go to the bottom and make a tick on the edge at 4 1/2"
place the paper on the diagonal with the top tick lied up on the groove of your paper cutter, and the other tick lined up on the groove at the bottom.
(It will be a diagonal cut almost like corner to corner, but 1" in on each side)
then turn the paper on the long side and
Score @ 1", 3", 4", 6", 7", 9", 10", 11"
 
Depending on which side you want to show, start with a
concertina-like fold. Valley folds and Mountain folds till the end.
Now flip over and using your tape runner, put some tape on each
fold, to let it lay flat. I also flipped it over and did it to the front folds too.
At the end, that little short end, wraps to the back of the folds.
I cut out a 1 1/2" piece of card stock and with a border punch, punched that strip and then added it to the card after I taped down the folded DSP, to cover the DSP on the card front. I also punched out some flowers and added to the card and also Rhinestones were added. Got to have some Bling!
I stamped the sentiment in the corner and Voila! done!
 
Try this out. If you want or feel you need a pictorial, let me know and I will post one with pictures!
 
I also made some different tags for Christmas. I CASed the tags on page 4 in the new Holiday Catalog by Stampin'Up! It goes live September 1st.!! 
 I then also made more, using up other (meaning contraband DSP) I had left over from my stash. I also made boxes for them too!
I have to take the pictures so I can post for you!
I am also going to make another Curtain Fold and
take pictures to post for you, too.
 
Till next time....Blessings to you all!
 
 
 
 


No comments: