Saturday, July 16, 2016

Iced Tea and Love!

Hello Fellow Stampers!

Worked on a card for a couple of days, just to get it right. You know how you get a vision in your head and sometimes it doesn't translate well on paper? Well Stampin'Up! came out with Fruit Stand DSP in their new catalog! I fell in love with this paper when I first saw it! So Pretty! I forgot about the lemons paper so when I was cutting the 12x12 DSP down to 4x6 pieces...I had an idea...So I ran with it.

Here is my result:

 
 
 
 
Pretty cool! Huh?
 
The cup is vellum and so are the ice cubes. I sponged around the 3/4" cut and rounded, vellum ice cubes with Whisper White Craft Ink, so they would show through the cup vellum and look real. The tea was made by mixing Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Rose Red inks on an acrylic block wet with Stampin' Spray. Then I sponged it onto the back of the cup. I then cut out with the die only 3/4's of the cup in Crumb Cake card stock and adhered it behind the straw, and ice. I used a retired Stampin'Up! Stamp set called A Nice Cuppa for the Lemon Wedge and the Sentiment.
 
Here below is a pic of the Die I used for the cup and straw and backing cup.
 

It is Tim Holtz Alterations Die for Sizzix # 660232 named, Fresh Brewed.
I got the Die at Hobby Lobby...before I moved from RI to NC. So it has been packed away...when I came across the DSP I knew I had to put my idea to paper!

Below is what the "ice cube" looked like in progress. Sorry it is blurry, but you get the idea!

 
This is the inside of the card. I made two of these cards and they are going out in Monday's mail for my Grand-daughters!
 
 
 
Here are some pictures of the DSP Fruit Stand! 
 
Below each top DSP is the opposite side of that print!
(Lemons/small green apples)
(Pears/coral sprigs)
 
 
 
 
(Small peaches/yellow with white dots)
(Strawberries/Watermelon Wonder stripes)

 
 
(Larger peaches/peach stripes)
(Floral with lemons/Watermelon Wonder watercolor
with white dots)
 

 
 
 
I am brainstorming the next cards with this paper!
 
Until Next Post...Blessings to All of you!

 



No comments: