Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Christmas Tags a Tutorial!

Hello! It has been awhile...still have a few more things to unpack...mostly pictures...some are from the Hubsters parents that we had packed back at the old house...and the rest are the ones we had hanging in the old house.
Trying to decide what I want to hang where...right now just working on unpacking and cleaning them. I took two apart to get to the inside to clean...took all day! But there are much better looking than they were! They are two that were packed away at the old house...I am going to use them here in the new house. So still some more to decide, but I decided to take a break and get something done in my craft room!
 
I saw these on the web and I went back to see where I got the idea from and I cannot remember who did them. I apologize to the woman who did them. Believe me, if I could remember, I would cite her...these were just ingenious!
 
First you cut a piece of card stock 2" x 4"
and score at 2" and fold.
 
 
 
 
Folded it measures 2" X 2"

 
Now you can trim it folded by cutting off 1/8" on two sides
just don't cut the fold! OR you can cut off on the long side (when opened)
cut off 1/8"
 

 
 
Then fold in half and insert the open end to be cut under the blade and cut off 1/8". Your tags should now measure 1 7/8" x 1 7/8" when folded.

 
 
Next cut a piece of Christmas DSP 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"

 
 
Punch or Cut a piece of matching card stock to 1 1/4" x1 1/4".
Punch or Cut a piece of White Card Stock to 1" x 1".

 
 
Stamp image onto the 1" x 1" White Piece of card stock.
I used a retired Stampin'Up! set called Jolly Bingo Bits.
You can pick any design, just make sure it will fit centered on the 1" x 1"
bit of white card stock.

 
 
Adhere Stamped image to the piece of card stock.

 
 
Adhere the DSP to the front of the tag.

 
 
Put a Stampin' Dimentional or Foam Dot to back of the piece of card stock with the stamped image.

 
Adhere, centered to the front of the tag.

 
Punch a hole in the upper left hand corner of the tag.
I used the small hole punch on the Crop-A-Dile.

 
Cut a piece of Baker's Twine to 8". Fold in half and thread
 through the hole from the back. Leave like this for next step.

 
Open tag and write TO: and FROM: on opposite sides.
 

 
Close tag and thread the two ends of the twine through the loop
and snug down a bit to the end. Not too tight or the tag will tear when opened to personalize.

 
Finish off with embellishment of choice, I used a sharpie, colored pearl for the nose or you can just color the nose in, or you can punch a dot with a hole punch and glue to nose.

 
 
As you can see I made a couple of sets! I actually made 16 sets!
I ordered the boxes from Stampin'Up! they are called Sweet Treat Boxes
and they measure 2" x 2". They can hold 12 of these tags. What a
great gift idea! I used 4 of the tags to show through the 4 sides, so people could see the tags without having to open the box!
The Sweet Treat boxes are acetate. They are covered with a Saran like wrap
and you just peel it off. They come 16 in a pack for $7.50 (Item # 141699)

 
 
So let me know what you think!
 I am going to give these out as gifts to a few of my friends and family.
 
For you Craft Show people...these would be a good selling item for the upcoming Holidays! I would probably price them $5-$6 each. It depends
on how much more you embellish them.
 
Till next time....Blessings to all of you!
 

No comments: