Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Need for Male Birthday Cards!

 

 
 
 
Isn't it the hardest to make and it seems that the most we need...Male Birthday Cards! I make all my birthday and anniversary cards a month ahead. I have all my April cards done and ready for the mail. Some will get theirs early, but I write on the back flap of the envelope, to not open till their day (what ever it is). When I was writing out my cards...I realized I was low or it was slim pickings. So I went down to the craft room and made up several cards.


Here they are:


 
I had some wooden anchors from Hobby Lobby and decided to use up some discontinued DSP from Stampin'Up!
I think this Paper was from Nautical Expressions. 
I used Early Espresso Ink and card stock for the card and the mat behind the sentiment. The sentiment is from Party Wishes Stamp Set.
I really like this one!
 

 
The DSP again is from the same discontinued pack. It is Cherry Cobbler with Very Vanilla. In the stripe also is Early Espresso. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
Just something about Nautical that I LOVE!


 
 
This DSP is also from the same pack, Nautical Expressions.
The Stamp Set is By The Tide Stamp Set.
The stripe ribbon is Early Espresso, and
the burlap ribbon, I bought at a local craft store named, AC Moore.
I pulled apart some strands from the burlap ribbon to make the strands to tie a sailors knot that is along the side of the card.
The sentiment is from a stamp set called Party With Cake.
I also tied up a bundle of strands from the burlap and glue dot attached to the ribbons to add texture and some dimension to the card.
 

 
 
This looks like the previous card. Although similar, a tad bit different!
I used my Score Board to score the back of the 2 pieces of Whisper White, and then sponged with Cherry Cobbler ink. I also used some retired ribbon from Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler Chevron, and cut a notch in the bottom and layered under the anchor mat.
 

 
This DSP had some white and a retired color from Stampin'Up!
called Not Quite Navy.
I used Night of Navy card stock and striped ribbon.
I also used the Score Board again on the diagonal and sponged with Night of Navy ink.
The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
I had 2 each of these anchors and used them up for my
Male Birthday Cards.
 
Thanks for peeking today!
It has been several days, but I have been busy.
We are in the process of getting ready to close on a new house and then move (I have been doing some cleaning out).
Then we need to get this house packed and on the market.
 
Blessing to ALL of you!

No comments: