Saturday, March 26, 2016

Paper Pumpkin ReMakes!

I subscribe to Stampin'Up! Paper Pumpkin. For about $20 a month, you get a complete kit for creating cards, or note cards, tags, boxes, bags, etc.,.

I started subscribing a year ago. At first I didn't care for them, then I noticed that the kits were better than they were when they first started! I decided to give it a try...In the year since, I have not been disappointed at all! Only 2 out of 12 this year were not what I liked, so I changed it up! The funny thing is, Paper Pumpkin also has either a video or a print as to how you can use any extra pieces (because there always are extra pieces). This months kit happened to be one of those kits that due to a need (male birthday cards) I decided to change them up and do my take. They had 4 cards with gift card holders and 4 gift card holders. (The other kit was a Valentine themed kit...I don't really do many of those cards. The Hubster and I agree that everyday is Valentine's Day!)

I ended up getting quite a few cards made from this kit. I used card stock I have on hand and just made my own.

Here they are:
 
I added the Cucumber Crush lace ribbon on the bottom and the Bermuda Bay and Cucumber Crush card stock.
Those are the two colors used in this months kit.
The envelope was to be the holder of the pocket that I used on the inside of the next card. The printed square and the white square came in the kit.
 I used the folded holder as the envelope for the card. Had to refold to fit the card, it worked!
 
 
 
 
This card I used the printed strip from the kit and I made 2 banners from the leftover bits that are under the sentiment. I stamped and punched balloons out and placed over the flowers in the print to make it more birthday. The 'Party Wishes' Stamp Set was used to stamp the sentiment. Below is the inside of this card.
 
 
I used the pocket from the kit for the inside of the card. I stamped the sentiments with the 'Party Wishes' and I trimmed a scrap to show where the gift card would slip into neatly!
 
 
 
 
The 2 cards below are tag size. I decided to make them Christmas themed. We all need a jump on the Holidays!
 These tags were already printed around the borders. I used some Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Pen to color in some of the flowers on the little card on the right...it now looks Christmassy!
I used the stamps from 'Festival of Trees' for the 2 trees and I embossed the gold stars with gold embossing powder and then used Stampin'Up! Gold Dazzling Details to dab centers to the red flowers on the tree and to add ornaments to the green stripe tree. The 'To' and 'From' are from the 'Oh What Fun' Stamp Set.
 
 
 
Below are shown with the cards slipped into the slots. The slots folded up and then the 2 sides were tacked down with glue strip. I tied some thick Baker's Twine that was from my stash.

 
 
 
Below shows the opened and closed up. I used Velcro dots, cut in half for the closures for the 'envelope'. I stamped the Santa from a retired stamp set 'Jolly Bingo Bits', in Cherry Cobbler and adhered to a punched scallop in Cherry Cobbler and attached to the envelope with a glue dot. The twine will allow me to hang it on the tree!
 
 
 
 
 
The Card below uses two banners from the Paper Pumpkin Kit under the punched sentiment.
 
 
 
The inside of the card uses one of the little round tags that came in the kit. The rest of the card was just using the colors of Bermuda Bay and Cucumber Crush from the kit. I stamped and punched out the balloon and tied a separated strand from White Baker's Twine to the balloon. You can't see it well, but the twine dangles below the sentiment.
 
 
 
 
This last card, I stamped the colors from the kit.
I used the Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set 'What I Like' for the flowers and leaves. The sentiment is a retired set called 'Simple Salutations'. I used the Butterfly Framelits and Cucumber Crush card stock for the butterfly. I usually uses pearls on my butterfly's, but I am trying to keep this more masculine!
The card base is Bermuda Bay card stock.
 
 
 
Peeking inside the card,
I used 2 strips from the kit to decorate the inside.
 
 
 

 
 
Well as you can see I did make time to play the last couple of days.
Had to do it in between all the running around with the house closing preparations, but we know what keeps us sane!
 
Hopefully I will be able to get back to the craft room and do more before it gets all packed up for the move.
 
 
 
I want to wish you all a very Blessed Easter!
Jesus is the reason for this season too!
Without the resurrection Christianity would be in vain.

No comments: