Saturday, March 12, 2016

A St. Patrick's Day Card

I made a St. Patrick's Day card.
The group I am in, Pretty Pals had a challenge for 'green'. I think because St. Patrick's Day is coming up soon! So I played around with several gingham papers I had and fell on the Irish Flag colors! I stuck with the green gingham and it evolved from there.
 
Here is the card:
 
 
 
 
 
I used Farmer's Market DSP for the strip on the side and I fussy cut out the Artichokes from the same collection of Farmer's Market DSP,  I then used the Curvy Corner Trio Punch to punch the ends of the Artichokes to make the petals for the 4 Leaf Clover! I then trimmed a curved triangle for the stem. Then I layered the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto the Washi Label Punch with Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad. I punched each layer with the same punch and just trimmed down each piece to layer. I drew a border, free hand around the 4 Leaf Clover with Stampin' Write Marker in Mossy Meadow, it just looked too bare! I used Mossy Meadow, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White Cardstocks (the colors of the Irish Flag).
 
 
Stampin'Up! Items used:
 
Farmer's Market DSP (Annual Catalog, pg.143, Item #138448)
 
Curvy Corner Trio Punch (from the Occasions Catalog Spring/Summer, pg. 31, Item #139683)
 
Teeny Tiny Wishes (Annual Catalog, pg. 95, Item #128748 wood mount or Item #127802 Clear Mount)
 
Washi Label Punch (Annual Catalog pg. 166, Item #138296)
 
 Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad pg. 137, Item #133645)
 
Stampin' Write Marker in Mossy Meadow,(Annual Catalog pg.137 Item #133654 set of the 5 In-Colors Markers) 
 
Cardstock:
Mossy Meadow: Item #133676 Annual Catalog pg. 137 
 
Pumpkin Pie: Item #105117  'Brights' Collection in the Annual Catalog, pg. 138.
 
Whisper White: Item #100730 'Neutrals' Collection in the Annual Catalog pg. 141
 
 
Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I'm doing the Laundry (ugh!) but I spend time in the craft room in between loads (yay!) so it makes laundry, almost like able.
 
Have a great rest of the weekend!
 
Blessings to all of you!

No comments: