Thursday, February 4, 2016

Back Home-Getting Straight Financially-Card Set With Boxes


Back Home:

Well we have returned back home to New England. We saw 10 houses and narrowed it down to 4. Two of those were eliminated, they were in a flood zone and the Flood Insurance would be expensive. So the choices were down to 2. One is in a flood zone, but the flood vents were already added, so Flood Insurance would not be as high as the other flood zone houses. However it is an added cost that we are trying to avoid altogether. So the last house that remains is the same that remained number 1 on our last trip.
We also are discussing the house to put an offer on at this time, it is the Hubster that is a bit hesitant, up till now he is the one wanting this for sure! Alas, must give him his space...I feel if it happens then it is meant to be, if not, the same. Yet the house is so cute and what I would REALLY like! That is just my 2 cents.

Getting Financially Set:

First we are getting financially set. We have been approved for the mortgage, but upon my retirement, I must do something with my 401K. We have spoken with a financial advisor and Monday will bring paperwork.
We also had to get Life Insurance for the Hubster...he has been cancer-free for 5 years and that cleared him to be able to get the insurance. I had mine already, now we both can feel better about that security.
I guess we want to get all our ducks in a row before we act.
I will covet prayers for this one! Will let you know when we decide.
Oh! The House is in NC!


The Rose Wonder Cards with Boxes:

I was given some envelopes from a friend and they were definitely a bit larger than an A2 card. I did some measuring and made the cards. I made 20 cards. I think I am going to box them 10 in each box. I also need to make the boxes.

I used Versa mark to stamp the Rose from Stampin'Up! Rose Wonder Stamp Set. I sprinkled the Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder on the leaves first, brushed away gently from what got on the Rose petal, then I sprinkled the Rose's Color of Embossing Powder and then I Heat Embossed the Image. I stamped the Greeting in Versa mark and used the color of the Rose for the Sentiments from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


Here are the pictures:
The Cards


These 2 are Female Birthday
Zing-Pink Glitter, Melon Mambo







These 2 are Male Birthday
Pool Party and Tempting Tourquoise



 
 
 
 
 
These 2 are Get Well Wishes
Tangerine Tango and Calypso Coral 
 

 
 
 
These 2 are With Sympathy
Smokey Slate and Black

 
 
These 2 are Happy Anniversary
Clear with Champagne Glitter and Pewter

 
 
 
 
The Box:
 
 
This is the box I made for both sets (I made 2 boxes)
The Bottom is made from Stampin'Up! retired In Color Crisp Cantaloupe.
The Lid is DSP from K&Company.
 

 
 
 
This is the Bottom with Cards and Envelopes. Isn't the box Pretty? So Spring-like!

 
 
My Template made for the box:
 
 
This is my Bottom Template I made...Bottom is10 3/4"X 8 7/8"
Score at 2" on all four sides

 
 
This is my Lid Template 11" X 9 1/4"...Score at 2 1/8" on all four sides

 
 
I used a Hole punch to make 1/2"circles on the Lid sides for ease in separating the Lid from the Bottom.

 
 
 
 
The Goods and Measures
 
Goods: Stamp Sets Rose Wonder and Teeny Tiny Wishes from Stampin'Up!)
Punch is Stampin'Up! older Whale Tail 1 3/8" circle punch.
Embossing Powders: Pewter, Smokey Slate, Black, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Tempting Tourquoise, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, and Calypso Coral, Clear mixed with Champagne Glitter.
 All are Stampin'Up! Embossing Powders. One powder I used was Zing-Glitter Pink.
The Card stock is Stampin'Up! Whisper White heavier card stock.
 
Measures: the Cards measure 9" X  6 1/4" on the 9" side score at 4 1/2". Your card will then measure 6 1/4" X 4 1/2".
The Envelopes were given to me and they measured 6 1/2" X 4 3/4".
 
Thank you checking in and viewing some of what I have been up to in the Craft Room and outside the Craft Room!
 
Blessing to ALL of you!

No comments: