Sunday, August 30, 2015

The A2 box for My Nephew and his Bride's Wedding Gift

Hello Stampers! I am feeling very honored to be on Mary Fish's Stampin' Pretty Blog, as one of Mary's Paper Crafting Picks of the Week!
I made a Monogrammed Stationary set for my Nephew and his Bride's Wedding Gift. The Wedding was yesterday and , how lovely it was! I do hope they enjoy their gift!

One of you asked what stamp set I used...I used Stampin'Up! 'Sophisticated Serifs'. It is a retired set now. Another stamp set to consider would be 'Back to Basics Alphabet'. That set is 2 different size 'upper case' alphabets. The larger of the two sets of letters, is smaller than the 'Sophisticated Serifs', but it is available in the AC on page 133. I also got that set to use too. I love the classic lettering...works great for scrapbooking too!

A couple of you asked for directions to make the boxes. The following are the details for making the boxes.

Bottom Box: (I used Night of Navy)  9 5/8 X 8 3/8 Score @ 1 3/4 all four sides.

Lid of box: (I used Whisper White) 9 3/4 X 8 1/2 Score @ 1 3/4 all four sides.

Stamp the Monogram on the center of the lid BEFORE assembling the box!

Snip your tabs and using Fast Fuse, assemble your boxes. I made four boxes for 50 cards and envelopes. Two boxes held 12 cards and 12 envelopes each, and Two boxes held 13 cards and 13 envelopes each.

My cards were A2 size cards.

These are the cards: 
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by...Blessings to you All!

2 comments:

Mary Olliges said...

Thanks for posting the box instructions too! These are beautiful & a great gift!!

Can you tell me how you did the ribbon on the inside? Did you go all the way across or just glue down an equal edge?

Thanks again for sharing this great project!!

Mary

Cheryl said...

Mary Olliges, I tied the Night of Navy Ribbon around the front of the card front. When the card opens you will see the ribbon under the front. I secured the knot with a glue dot to hold onto the card front.