Saturday, August 1, 2015

Monogram Card Set for my Nephew and his Bride!

Hello Stampers!

I just had to finish tying the ribbon onto the cards. I started them last night. I got up this morning, and after the coffee and paper ritual...I headed to the Craft Room. On Saturdays, I pretty much am in the Craft Room...I do all the laundry on Saturday's and the Laundry and the Craft Room are in my basement.

I finished with the card set for my nephew and his bride to be, they are getting Married at the end of the month and This is what I am making for a Wedding gift. I REALLY was going to put it off for another day or two or three, but then this little voice said "with your luck, something will happen and you will not be able to finish them". Being the person who heeds those voices!!!! It was what I did all day! I also had to make 2 more boxes for the cards. Once the ribbon was added to the cards, then it was too bulky for just 2 boxes. So out comes the stamp set again! I also taped a monogrammed piece of card stock to the bottom of the box, doing that seemed to have strengthened the box a bit more.

So without further ado here is the set:

 
There are 4 boxes of cards
 
 
Here is the overview and below is the close up of the cards.
 
 
I used Whisper White card stock from Stampin'Up! and also Night of Navy card stock and Ink pad and Seam Binding Ribbon.
 
 
I made 50 cards with the monogram for them. They can use them for Thank You cards or for whatever they want.
I do hope they like them. With texting, I don't want to see Writing as a dying Art.
She did write all her Thank you cards for the Bridal Shower.
 
Pray Christopher and Lauren have a long and Happy Marriage!
 
Thank you and many Blessings to you all!
 
 

2 comments:

Rosanne Mulhern said...

These are so perfect, Cheryl. My daughter is getting married in Dec. and this was just the inspiration I needed. Do you have the instructions for the box that you are willing to share? Thanks so much.

kat said...

YES!!! Please, if you have a tutorial for the box, we'd LOVE to have it!!! It would be a shame to make all these gorgeous cards and not have a gorgeous box to hold them! thanks........