Friday, August 1, 2014

August 11 Back Surgery and See you in October!

Hello fellow Stampers! This is just a note to let you know I will be MIA for a few months. As I have mentioned...I am having back surgery and will not be able to access e-mails. I am trying to avoid the back log that is going to happen. I have unsubscribed to many other blogs. I will re-subscribe to you all when I get back to the computer.

Hubster took me to Boston today for Pre-admission Testing. My back surgery is Aug 11. YUUUP! I am now getting the jitters! I was told that the first 2 mos. will be very painful, but after that...getting much better. I am going to have some reconstruction/fusion of the whole lower lumbar region with attachment to the Thorax region and the pelvic area. Very limited movement and bending, twisting, lifting, etc.,.

I ask for prayers:

1-For the Surgeon and his staff for this surgery. This is a 5-10 hour surgery.

2-For me and a good recovery.

3-For my Hubster. He will be doing a lot more than ever for 2-3 mos.

4-My BFF Dixie, who is coming up to take care of me for the first several weeks. Isn't she AWESOME!

5-My elderly parents, they worry! Also my Daddy is having a hip replacement on Aug 18th. Same prayers for his surgeon and staff. Also for Mommy...she isn't strong herself. My Sister is coming up to aid in taking care of Daddy, as I will be out of commission to help there!

Mostly I just need prayer to keep my spiritual walk in tune. That I just focus on the Master and trust that all is in His hands and that I can accept, 'His will be done"!

Thanks to all you who follow me. I will try to post to the blog and keep all updated as to what is happening and how I am doing! If you do not hear from me by October, pray harder!

Blessings and see you then!

Cheryl Holiday McAskill

6 comments:

Maria A. said...

Hello Cheryl: I just came from Connie Stewart blog and that's where I found out about your upcoming back surgery.
I left a comment there but I'm glad you have a blog so I can tell you again that I'm sending prayers and good wishes for you so everything will turn out great.
Many, many hugs.
Maria.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You got it, Cheryl!! You have a lot on your plate and now you have a lot of people praying for you so you can worry less! Patience, hon, it will all be okay. Hugs, Darnell

Cheryl said...

Thank you Maria! I could not Thank you personally, so I say it here. I hope you check back and read this! Thank you! I appreciate your prayers and feel blessed that you care.
Blessings to you and yours.

Becky said...

I will be praying for you my sister. Sending hugs. If you need anything call :).

Cheryl said...

Thank you and I am humbled by all of your sweetness and mostly I covet your prayers! You are all very special to me!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Cheryl, I will be praying for you and your family during your surgery and recovery.