Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More Christmas In July!


I have been a little MIA. I am running around trying to prepare for my back surgery on August 11. I just got my confirmation calls for this Friday's appointments for the Pre-Admission Testing. I go to the Spine Center at 10am and then over to the Hospital for the Pre-admission Testing.

Through all the prep stuff, you know how we women are...I need all my ducks in a row, so when I come home from the Hospital, the house won't be in too much Kaos. In between all this my Sister from WV is up and her husband. Also my niece and her husband and 2 children came with them. Also my Sister's other Grand-daughter came too. So it has been real busy around here. There is only so much I can do. I am limited by my back.

I did get some 'me' time for several nights and as I have mentioned in previous posts, I am trying to get my Christmas Cards ready. I am not going to be able to do any card making for 2 mos.

So I am going to just show you some cards I made with a lot of older DSP from Stampin'Up! I did what I call a series of Winter Frost Specialty DSP, now retired. For all of them I used this paper and used older punches and newer ones too! I used Stickles, Glimmer DSP, and even some ribbon I found at the Dollar Store! The Card stock is Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, and Smokey Slate.


First is the Snowflake Card:


 
You can see the Dazzling Details used over the Snowflake, and Rhinestones Basic Jewels on the sentiment punched out with the Modern Label Punch.
 
Next Card is the Ornament Card:
 

 
I embossed Merry Christmas on the stamped and punched out Ornament. I used the Silver Glimmer DSP to add a bit of bling to the card. The background striped DSP had some shimmer to it and I had to try to highlight. The ribbon is Lost Lagoon 3/8" Stitched Satin. This is one ribbon I love. The feel and how it handles is just awesome! All the new 2014-2016 In-Colors is what this ribbon comes in for your use!. I also used some retired silver cord for the ornament top.
 
Third is the Tag Card:
 
 
Sorry about the picture, but it shows a close up of the snowflake. I used Silver Stickles to dot the Snowflake on the tag, gotta have Christmas bling!

 
I embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder. the tag was made with the Scalloped Tag Topper. Also added more bling to the upper right hand corner of the card with Rhinestone Basic Jewels!
 
The Fourth Card, I call the Gift Card:
 
 
The Ribbon is what I happened to find at the Dollar Store! The tag I embossed in Pool Party embossing powder and punched out using the Decorative Label Punch. The jingle bell I embossed with a mix of Iridescent Ice and Pewter Embossing Powders. The jingle bell is from the retired Jolly Jingle Bits stamp set. After embossing I fussy cut it out and used the handheld 1/16" punch to punch a hole it the top of the bell and the Label. I used Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine, threaded through the bell and tag and then attached to the criss-crossed ribbon and then added the gray ribbon bow too!
 
 
 
Not a clear picture, but I think you can see how the tag and jingle bell were attached to the card via the Baker's Twine.
 
The Fifth Card is my DASHER card. I love this little guy! I don't think I will ever be able to give him up!
 
 
He is just so elegant! I embossed Dasher in Black Embossing Powder. I stamped the sentiment in black Stazon Ink.
 
 
 
I then used Dazzling Details to add some Magic to his Antlers! I think I like this little guy because he seems magical to me!
 
This last Card is a 'New' Stamp Set that is going to be out August 28, 2014-January 5, 2015, in the Holiday Catalog! The name of the stamp set is 'Beauty of the Season'. I love this set. Of course if anyone knows me, I love my Cardinals!
 
 
I heat embossed the bird and branches in Basic Black Embossing Powder, onto Very Vanilla Card stock. Then I colored him in.
 
 
Here's a close up of this handsome boy!
I used Cherry Cobbler and Real Red to color him in, and I used the Real Red on the berries. I colored his beak with More Mustard. His legs and feet are Early Espresso and the branch is Crumb Cake.
The plaid DSP is from Festival of Prints Paper Stack (retired). The card base is Crumb Cake.
The sentiment is from Greetings of the Season.
 
That is all I have done for now. It is going to be a couple of days before I get back down to the craft room to make more. I have the gang over for dinner tonight and visiting my Sister is a priority!
 
Blessings to ALL of you and Thank You for stopping by my blog!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Wow, you have been busy. I hope all goes well with your surgery and I look forward to your quick recovery and return to stamping & blogging!