Saturday, July 5, 2014

Merry Monday #115 and Cardabilities #102

Merry Monday #115 Christmas Challenge is to create a White on White Christmas Card, and the sentiment could be in Silver. Cardabilities Challenge #102 is a sketch challenge.

Here they are:

 
For my card I cut 3 Ovals with Stampin'Up! Framelits Ovals Collection, I used the outer 3 ovals. I ran the card base through the Big Shot with the Stampin'Up! Textured Impressions Stripe embossing folder. The largest oval was embossed with a Cuttlebug Folder that has circles (I do not know the name of the folder). The next oval up was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called D'vine Swirl. The smallest oval was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Swiss Dot.
I cut out the leaves with a Retired Sizzlits called Tiny Leaves. I them embossed them with a Stampin'Up! folder called Pretty Print. I Cut 2 Ornaments from the Framelits Holiday Ornaments. The larger of the ornaments I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Snowflakes. The smaller ornament I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Snow Dots. I cut the Tag from the Framelits called Hearts A Flutter and Stamped the sentiment, which is from the Petite Pairs stamp set and I used a mix of Stampin'Up! embossing powder named Pewter, that I mixed with an old Winter Wonderland sparkly embossing powder (do not know the maker). I also used the same embossing powder mixture for the Jingle Bell that was stamped from the Jolly Jingle Bits stamp set. I used White Bakers Twine to string together the 2 Ornaments the Tag and the Jingle bell and tied the to the White Organza Ribbon Bow. I used a glue dot to adhere the leaves and then another glue dot to adhere the bow. And to finish off the card...you know a Christmas Card has to have some bling! I used the Basic Jewels from Stampin'Up!
 
Here is my Card:
 

 
I enlarged it to show the details. I just saw that the tail of the ribbon is covering most of the small ornament. This was a good challenge, I have always wanted to try a white on white card, but was shy about how to approach it. For this card I knew I had to show the 3 layers like the sketch, so I figured I had to emboss each layer. Maybe next card, I will try to do the 3 layers in just the Swiss Dot or the same as the one on the bottom oval (the one I do not know the name). I will try this again!
 Blessings to you all! Till next time!

11 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Oooh! So pretty! I love all the texture. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Marie B. said...

That's a lot of embossing, but for a wonderful result! :)

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Cheryl! I love all the embossing and that sweet, sparkly jingle bell! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Cheryl said...

I used 7 different embossing folders! and then I also heat embossed!!! I heat embossed stuff I didn't use on the card so I could choose what I thought best!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Love all the embossing, the sparkle and beautiful design! Very eye catching! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Olga KoroleVna said...

Wow, so elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Oooooh wow this is a winner what a lovely card really gorgeous.

Sara Castelo de Carvalho said...

Beautiful and elegant card!
Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!
Kissies,
Sara

Teresa said...

Your card came out really beautiful and the layers look great together!! Thank you for sharing it with us on Cardabilites this time... have a wonderful day :)

Mrs Frizz said...

very effective and very pretty.

Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

Gracie CH said...

How lovely... Full of texture and elegance. You did a great job using the sketch and I'm glad you joined us at Cardabilities.

Graciellie
Cardabilities DT
gracielliedesign blogspot com