Friday, July 18, 2014

Christmas In July!


Hello Stampers! Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days. I went Blueberry Picking with my Daughter and Grand-daughter last Saturday, and then went out again, Sunday, after a big breakfast of blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup (homemade!) and it about wiped me out. We came home and all berries went into the fridge. The next day I sorted and measured the berries and bagged into large Ziploc bags and they are in the fridge. Today I will make a batch of blueberry jam and will do the next 2 batches, 1 each day. That is all I can do. I am kind of bumming out, I am going to miss tomato season because of my upcoming back surgery on Aug 11th. I will not be able to do the canning after surgery. No homemade tomato sauce for the winter. Will have to buy the market stuff :(
My husband keeps telling me that I couldn't do it anyway because of my back. But if the tomato's come early,  then my cousin Kathy will come over and help. She was a great help the first time I ever canned the sauce. Kathy has told me that she loves my sauce! Oh well, there is always next year!

Over the last several days I was able to get into the craft room and create! The following are some Christmas cards I have made to get the stash built up for addressing at the end of November. I will not be able to get to the card making after my surgery, so I am in high gear to get these done before the surgery.

Because I am early, I have used a lot of retired Stampin'Up! Christmas DSP and other DSP that I have in my room. Also I have to use all the retired Christmas Stamps too! The new stuff will be out and I will not be able to use them till next year! So in a way, this is helping me to use up all the old and other stuff on hand. It will help make room for the new that will be coming out for this year!
I have an order in to Stampin'Up! and there is one Christmas Stamp Set coming in that order. I am going to love using that one! I will post the Newbie when I get to use it, to make cards! So for now...

Here are my cards:

 
Basic Black card stock with 'Winter Frost' DSP (retired) and the 'Come to Bethlehem' Stamp Set (retired). Embossed in Stampin'Up! Black embossing powder and some Stampin'Up! Dazzling Details on the star. I also put a silver sequin star on the star.
 
 

 
I used Cherry Cobbler for the card stock and also to color Santa's Suit. The DSP is from Stampin'Up! DSP 'Love Letters' (retired). I wrote the letter to Santa on the DSP! I used Stampin'Up! Dazzling Details, also the Dazzling Details in Cherry Cobbler to add a little sparkle to Santa's Suit!
Oops, just saw the bleed from the suit into the fur. Oh well, I will have to make another.
The Stamp Set is Stampin'Up! 'Santa's List' (retired). 
 
 
 
 
This Santa I used Basic Gray Card Stock and Riding Hood Red (retired). The hounds tooth DSP is from Stampin'Up! 'Night and Day' DSP (ret). The Stamp set is 'Santa's List' (ret) and 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' for the sentiment. I gave Santa's some glam with Stickles Diamond, I used it on all his fur cuffs, and hat. On his suit I used Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.
 
 

 

 
This card I used Basic Gray and Lost Lagoon. The DSP is from my stash. (I made a card from it on an earlier post for a challenge, this is the leftovers!) I stamped using the Stampin'Up! stamp set 'Snow Swirled'. I heat embossed with Stampin'Up1 Embossing powder in White. Then on all the Snowflakes, I used Stampin'Up! Dazzling Details to give them shimmer.
 
 

 
Again some of that leftover DSP from my stash. I used Whisper White Card Stock for the base. I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin'Up! 'Many Merry Messages' (retired), and then heat embossed with Stampin'Up! Embossing Powder in White. I used Stampin'Up! Dazzling Details for all the snowflakes for bling! I think this would have looked good on Lost Lagoon too!
 
 

 
I used Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler for my base, the DSP is from 'Night and Day' (ret). I used the Stampin'Up! stamp set 'Peaceful Season' (retired) and heat embossed them with Stampin'Up! Embossing Powder in White. The background is much prettier, I took a lot of these and this was the best picture of the lot.
 
 
 
 
This last of this series of cards I used Basic Black and Riding Hood Red (retired)  Card Stock. The DSP is Stampin'Up! 'Love Letter' (retired). I used Stampin'Up! 'Come to Bethlehem' Stamp Set (retired). I heat embossed in Stampin'Up! Embossing Powder in Pewter.
 
I think what I liked the most about these cards is that you can also use none Christmas DSP and make it work for your Christmas Cards. I had fun with these! Go have fun with yours and get them done!

No comments: