Friday, July 18, 2014

Cardabilities #103 for Christmas


Hello Stampers!
One of my Christmas Cards I made this week, I made for the Cardabilites #103 Sketch Challenge.

Here is the Challenge:

 
And here is my card. I took so many pictures of this card. I had trouble trying to show all details.
What I did and I can't get it to show up, is I heat Embossed a sentiment from 'Petite Pairs' onto the Ornament, it supposed to read Merry Christmas. In this shot it doesn't even show up!
 
 
 
 
 I tipped it a little in this shot, you can just barely see it. Good thing I missed the deadline for the challenge, But the layout was my inspiration for this card.
 
Now to the Details: 
 
Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Silver Glimmer Paper, Smokey Slate.
 
DSP: Winter Frost (retired)
 
Punches: Ornament Punch (retired), Circle Punch 1 3/4" , Snowflake Punch (retired)
 
Misc: Embossing Powder Pewter (I mixed it with an Iridescent Glitter Embossing Powder. I felt it needed to really glitz for this card! Hm, maybe that is why it didn't photograph well)
Teal Ribbon (I got it from the Dollar Store!) couldn't believe it matched!
I also used Stickles Glitter Glue in Diamond to punch up the Snowflakes!
 
 
This is not the ordinary Christmas Card for me, but I had fun with this card. I can't wait to make the other cards from this DSP. I will post when they are done!
 

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful CAS use of the sketch - Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities!

Sara Castelo de Carvalho said...

Great use of the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!
Kissies

Henryka said...

Very nice card. Great embossing. Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities. Henryka DT.

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

I love your take on sketch, you made very frosty Christmas card :)
Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities :)