Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Card Concept 11 and Match the Sketch 023

Hello All!


I have been a few days MIA. I have moved my Craft area down stairs to the basement. I also expanded the area. It took a bit longer, because I have a bad back and had to direct the 'Hubster' in moving all tables and storage units and shelving. I think you get the picture. I also stood around a bit too long and made myself hurt, so I had to take it easy for a few days, my bad! I am feeling as best as I can and needed card therapy! I want to get my card stash built up before I have back surgery in August. This surgery is going to take awhile to recover from, so I am trying too get many things done before then. I may not be able to get back to this area, after surgery, for about 2 mos. if not more.
Enough of that for now!

Here are the challenges:

 
 
 
For my card I used Daffodil Delight for my card base. The hound's-tooth DSP is from my stash of Night and Day DSP (retired, waiting on Back to Black!) I also used Basic Black and Basic Grey to mat the stamped Floral which is from the Bloom With Hope stamp set. I colored it in using Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Blender Pens. The sentiment is from a retired stamp set named Express Yourself. There are just some stamp sets that I will not let go of when they are retired! You surely can use a different stamp set and sentiment. The bow I made using Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon.
 
Here is my card:
 
 
Here is peek of the inside of the card. I used a piece of the Night and Day DSP hound's-tooth paper. It just seems to complete the inside for me! Thank you cards, I leave the inside blank. That space for writing the Thank you.

 
 
Check back to see what more I am trying to work on, now that the craft area is workable. I still am trying to find items...I lost my bone folder and haven't located it yet! I am using the one that came with the Envelope Punch Board!
 
Blessings to all of you!
 
 








4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Very pretty! Love the houndstooth paper!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

KayM said...

What a pretty card! I love the black gingham background!! So happy you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

Sabine RĂ¼diger said...

Hello Cheryl,
thank you for your participation at our challenge.
Your card looks great.

I wish you a nice weekend.
Yours
Sabine

Iam sorry. My english is not so good.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the feel of the classic houndstooth against the beautiful blossom! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!