Sunday, June 8, 2014

PPA 206 and JUGS 244

Here is another two challenges I combined. I wanted to use the sketch from Just Us Girls (JUGS) #244 and I needed a color challenge. PPA 206 had a color challenge this week that is ending soon too. So I did combine them and I do like how they turned out!

Here are the Challenges:


 
I played around with several combinations and this is what I put together.
The card base is Whisper White. I used an old Pacific Point DSP for the background. I used So Saffron for a mat that I used to land the Baked Brown Sugar that holds the colored flowers. The flowers were stamped from the new Stampin'Up! Hostess stamp set I Like You. I colored them in with Stampin' Write Markers, So Saffron,  Pacific Point and Baked Brown Sugar. I used a Blender Pen to drag out the outlined color into the leaves, it makes the Pacific Point a lighter shade. I used the Pacific Point Candy Dots from the Brights collection as a center for each of the larger flowers. I taped a ribbon, Whisper White Satin, around the DSP and then tied a knot bow onto that ribbon. I used the Modern Label Punch And punched it's shape, The Word Window Punch, to hold the Sentiment that is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.
 
Here is my Card:
 
 
Here is a peek at the inside. Simple strips of Pacific Point and So Saffron where cut to  finish the inside of the card.

 
 
Blessings to you All!
 

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great combination of both challenges! Love the sweet flowers! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great job with both challenges! That sweet flower is perfect in the sketch, and I love the color combo! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That color combo worked great for our sketch challenge! Love those darling flowers and the way you used those colors. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Nancy said...

Love those flowers and the added paper inside the card is a nice touch! I always forget to take it inside! LOL Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls and we hope to see more of your wonderful work!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card with the sketch [and colors] - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Nancy said...

Hi Cheryl...I was on a mini trip and just got back...I think I confused you on my email over at the JUGS blog so that I may send you your badge...my email is just wer4art@aol.com.
Congrats!

Stampin Dj said...

Your coloring is fabulous! I'm jealous!