Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge with The Card Concept: Coffee

Good Morning! I love The Card Concept Challenge this week...Coffee! I am a BIG coffee drinker as is my Hubster! So I was all over this challenge like cream in my coffee! I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 219.

For the card base I used Early Espresso on top of that I used Natural Composition DSP Specialty paper. I topped that with a Scallop Border Punch of Chocolate Chip. I then cut a square of More Mustard and Very Vanilla. I stamped the cup from the Tea Shoppe in Cajun Craze and fussy cut it out. The steam is stamped in Brown Sugar, with a stamp from the Sweet Summer SAB retired stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla in Early Espresso and punched it out with the Word Window Punch and layered that on top of a piece of Chocolate Chip punched with the Modern Label Punch. Makes me want to sit down with my friends and have a cup of coffee!

Here are the Challenges:


Here is my Card:

Thanks for taking a look. Let me know what you think! Blessings to you all!

6 comments:

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Very cute! Love your steam.

createwithcheryl.me said...

Cheryl, Such a pretty card!! I love the flower's coming out of the teapot!!
from another Cheryl

Tracey McNeely said...

What a pretty coffee cup! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love that you've used plants throughout the card - it really ties it all together! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

~amy~ said...

Lovin' that big coffee cup!
Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Karen D said...

I love the earthy colours you have used for the challenge Cheryl. The cup is such a lovely shape and the steam was a great choice of stamp. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.