Monday, May 19, 2014

Sweet Sunday 220 and Merry Monday #109

I really like the Merry Monday Challenges...getting a head start on my Christmas Cards! I usually make about 60-65 cards to mail out. Each year it seems to grow. The head start will definitely help this year!

Here are the Challenges:
 
Here is my Card:
 

I used Garden Green card stock for the base. The DSP is from retired Snow Festival DSP. I punched the petals for the poinsettia with a retired punch of Petals. I scored each punched petal and sponged the folds and edges of each petal: Lucky Limeade onto Garden Green leaves and Cherry Cobbler onto Cherry Cobbler leaves and then folded the leaves in half. I punched a small circle and put some Tombow Multipurpose glue onto the circle, and then assembled the leaves in a circle, on the circle. The center is a Daffodil Yellow punched small snowflake punch by a Michael's Recollections Punch, and for the center of the snowflake I used Stickles Golden Rod Glitter Glue. The Sentiment was stamped in Cherry Cobbler from a retired Hostess stamp set, named Occasional Quotes, and then punched out with the Decorative Label Punch from Stampin'Up!.

Hope you like the card! It was fun and a little challenging. I had made these poinsettia's last year, but I put them back to back with string in between and had ornaments! Our Family has an Ornament Pot Luck Party, every year. All who come bring one wrapped ornament for each member of their family that attends. We draw numbers for the succession of the picking of the ornament...sometimes it is a Yankee Swap and can get real crazy and fun! I had packaged up three of these in a box I made and used the forth to decorate the outside of the box for my swap that year. The person who picked the box was surprised that she ended up with four ornaments to decorate her tree!

Try making these. Draw a leaf and cut them out, fold in half etc...Have fun! Let me know how you do! Any Questions I will try my best to answer them as fast as I can! If enough want to know how to do these...I can try a step by step in pictures to help.
 
 
 

10 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! I love your poinsettia! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Linda said...

Oh, your flower is awesome. Such a beautiful card.

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this poinsettia! What a great job of making it from the blossom punch! Love the alternating green and red! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Marcia HIll said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! Your poinsettia's are so pretty and I will definitely have to try these out...thanks so much for the inspiration! :0)

LeAnne said...

Wow, this makes for a very realistic-looking poinsettia! Great way to use that punch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, your poinsettia is lovely.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Wow what a lovely big flower! You've done a fab job using the colour combo this week.

Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous!!!! I will be caseing this one for sure.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

I love your poinsettia - simply gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Sue Rose said...

Just gorgeous! Love the poinsettia.