Sunday, May 11, 2014

SUO Challenge #96 Birds, Bees and Butterfly's

I could not resist hitting the stamp room. I have a couple of challenges I want to do and they are all due by Monday Morning am! What can I say...the Mother's Day Cards came first.

This Challenge is a Stampin'Up! Only Challenge.  SUO Challenge #96.
The Challenge is Birds, Bees, and Butterfly's.
Played with this for quite awhile and decided I would leave this with just the leaves and no flowers. I tried the flowers, but I didn't like them at all. I like the simplicity of this card. I say it is a keeper! Well not literally, but figuratively. When I add a sentiment, it will be the bottom left. I believe this would make a great Get Well card or Thinking of You!

Here's my card:
 
The leaves are punched with Stampin'Up! Secret Garden Framelits, in So Saffron, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie card stock. The Butterfly, Bee and Bird are stamped with Black Stazon onto colored card stock with the stamp set Backyard Basics and punched out with the Backyard Basics Framelits. The Butterfly in in Calypso Coral, The Bee is Daffodil Delight, and the Bird is Marina Mist. The card base is Garden Green, and finally the background dsp is from Stampin'Up! Gingham Garden DSP.
 
I recommend getting Stampin'Up! Bundles of the Stamp Sets and the Framelits that match. So much easier to use the Big Shot than fussy cutting everything. Believe me I know! A sneak peek of the Catalog is offering several bundles! I have my eye on a Baby's Stamp set and the Framelits that match them!
 
Blessings to you all and hope you have a great day today!
I wish you all a
Blessed Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Julie Gearinger said...

Love all of the bright colors and the use of the Backyard Basics set and framelits! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges:-)