Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration Challenge and The Open Sea for Father's Day!

Good Morning! I guess Sunday's, Mother's Day Marathon Card thing I did, wicked burned me out!

I took a rest yesterday and now am getting back into the craft room. I saw this Challenge last night and it reminded me of the card I made for my Dad for this Father's Day coming next month.

I used the Open Sea stamp set and for the card base, I used Midnight Muse with High Tide Dsp (both of those are discontinued).
The circles are Soft Suede and Midnight Muse. On the large circle I stamped in Soft Suede the globe from the Open Sea, I then stamped it again on Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I lined up the globes respectively and adhered to the card front.
The compass rose was stamped in Midnight Muse and punched out, and the anchor I stamped in the Soft Suede and punched out. I used the water splashes from the French Foliage stamp set on the anchor circle. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede and just cut it out free hand and also, the mat for the sentiment.

Here is the challenge:

Here is my card:

 
I went online to learn how to tie sailor's knot. I used Hemp twine and attached with tape to the back of the DSP. I made three of these cards. One for Dad, One for the Hubster, and one for my Son! I made 3 of another card and they will go to my Brother's! Those I will show at a later post.

1 comment:

brrenwick said...

Great card for Father's Day! This is one of my favorite sets!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSInk!